Serves as technical expert and supports activities of the Company related to technical sales and product development of aircraft interior details, sub-assemblies, complete monuments, tooling design/fabrication and supports production efforts in all aspects to ensure project completion objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides guidance for manufacturing methods used for fabrication ensuring best manufacturing practices are used to obtain desired results.
• Examines monument drawings provided by Engineering to verify build-ability and signs off before Production begins.
• Provides tooling recommendations, requirements and fabrication of such, etc. and production training recommendations including sharing lessons learned.
• Leads initial drawing reviews and gathers suggestions for preferred manufacturing techniques.
• Orders veneers and hardwoods, as well as veneer mapping. Manages and issues veneers, as needed to the allotted monuments.
• Responsible for assigned project production planning and layout, organizational set up, progress reporting and departmental coordination to ensure a successful project completion.
• Provides technical oversight to a broad range of projects while leveraging emerging technologies, innovation, and creativity.
• Resolves technical issues using solutions that involve re-use of existing company designs (as applicable) and new techniques, technologies, or concepts as needed.
• Ensures engineering designs take full advantage of technologies available while focusing on cost, schedule and quality.
• Monitors progress of projects, confers with Directors, Managers, and Certification staff to ensure efficient accomplishment of plans.
• Provides manufacturing technical leadership and guidance to engineers working on projects.
• Handles special projects and/or be assigned challenging projects.
• Facilitates R&D activity between Engineering and Manufacturing.
• Provides direct feedback to management regarding all project visibility.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Associate's degree or equivalent with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience in an aerospace production environment, or equivalent combined education and experience. Vocational and technical schooling preferred. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience required.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to build effective working relationships, persuade and influence, and problem-solve complex issues.
• Ability to work with machinery, using technical skills.
• Ability to read, write analyze, and interpret technical specifications, journals, and legal documents.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to clearly analyze customers' needs and then steer and persuade them into win-win outcomes for the customer and Greenpoint Technologies.
• Strong communication, relationship, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong sense of ethics, character and interpersonal skills.
• Must stay knowledgeable in the industry and up to date with technical trends as well as competitors and the marketplace.
• Ability to mentor, motivate and pass on key technical skills to other relevant members of the manufacturing Engineering department staff and the organization.Ability to read blueprints.
• Ability to organize complex projects and related drawing packages.
• Ability to easily grasp complex documented procedures.
• Proficient with computers including data entry and MS Office (Word, Excel).
• Knowledge of aerospace record keeping and related quality standards required.
• Ability to maintain high quality standards and work within a schedule driven environment.
• Knowledge of manufacturing fabrication methods and techniques.
• Knowledge of tooling and precision instruments.
• Skilled in applying dec-lam, leather, rubber trim and aluminum trims, etc.
• Knowledge working with Nomex and Aluminum panels.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Locate your future workplace
15100 40th Avenue Northeast - Suite 201 WA 98271
Washington United States
- © Safran