The Site Manager, Engineering provides leadership for one of the engineering groups supporting current and future programs for the Safran Cabin and Cabin Materials locations in Marysville and Newport, WA. Oversees the execution of engineering, personnel development and technical competence of the Engineering department. Responsible for the continuous growth, alignment, and leveraging of reporting managers, mentoring, setting metrics, measuring performance for engineering team, and promoting a cross-functional team culture utilizing Lean and Six Sigma principles.
1. Manage, plan and direct the work of the highly skilled engineers to achieve
2. Monitor scheduling and department resources to meet/exceed business
objectives and goals.
3. Responsible for preparing cost estimates at the proposal phase and during
the course of projects
4. Forecast, manage, and maintain actual vs. budgeted engineering costs.
5. Ensure budgets and schedules are met.
6. Develop and maintain processes to ensure efficient completion of all projects.
7. Prepare staffing plans, anticipates critical path issues and sets a strategy to
meet program schedules and budgets.
8. Promote cost awareness through BOM management and manufacturing
9. Recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or
initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
10. Coach, train and mentor a team of Engineers to keep all team members
11. Develop analytical tools, databases and work flow procedures, as needed, for
efficient product completion.
12. Work closely and constructively with other departments within the
organization to gain consensus on the best strategy for each engineering
13. Communicate clearly with the engineering team
14. Perform all other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 8 years industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with Aircraft OEM preferred.
• Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Experience coaching and managing a team of engineers including conducting
annual performance reviews.
• Excellent organization and communication skills to provide direction,
performance management and oversight to direct reports plus manage as
• Business acumen to assist in establishing budgets, providing program health
metrics to management, make recommendations for resourcing programs
• Assistance in recruitment for new positions, participate in hiring/interviewing
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills required.
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
• Ability to develop, implement and monitor corrective action plans for
improved business/certification cycle times.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
Locate your future workplace
12810 State Ave WA 98271
Washington United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran