Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Safran Cabins a great place to work. This is a company where you can grow and advance, and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it!
We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
Safran Cabin in Marysville, WA is recruiting for Non-Destructive Testing Technician(s)
1st Shift - 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) of structural aircraft components, made from graphite / carbon fiber composite materials, to verify internal structural integrity utilizing ultrasonic testing processes and equipment. The work includes equipment setup, operation, adjustment, and evaluation / interpretation of test readings and results within established parameters to determine acceptance or rejection of the components.
• Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, conduct tests, interpret and evaluate the results for acceptance or rejection.
• Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique and / or method in which they are certified.
• Be capable of providing the necessary guidance and / or supervision to trainees and level 1 personnel in the technique and / r method in which they are certified.
• Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
• Have a basic knowledge of product manufacturing and inspect technology.
• Affirmatively protect and maintain the confidentiality of Safran products.
• As business, conditions change, productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
• Conduct routine tasks as directed.
• Able to work independently with high moral and ethical standards with a quality first mindset.
• Able to work any shift and / or overtime.
• Computer Skill: basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
• Ability to lift / carry 30+ pounds.
• Demonstrated ability to use precision measuring instruments.
• Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and other technical literature.
• 0-3 years' experience in quality, aerospace experience preferred.
• Effective oral and written communications kills in English required.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments.
• Problem solving, well organized, detail oriented and accurate.
• Previous NDT Certification, level 1 classroom training, and a/ or level 2 classroom training is a plus.
• Understanding of higher-level math (trigonometry) a plus.
• Written proof of previous experience / hours / training / certification required, if applicable.
Specificity of the job
Travel is not required for this position.
Locate your future workplace
12810 State Ave WA 98271
Washington United States
- © Safran