The Safran growth strategy centers on three imperatives: growing company market share, customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence. The buyer role is responsible for acquiring goods and services at a competitive price, ensuring that goods are of top quality, and facilitating delivery of goods via the issuance and management of a purchase order. Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
Summary of Duties:
• Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance
• Manages complex supplier accounts, requiring advanced knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program
• Responsible for key suppliers, significant spend, and challenging supply chain problem resolution
• Provides peer review and oversight to junior Purchasing Agents
• Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter
• Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements
• Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets
• Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price
• Interface with planning and purchasing Integrated Program Team (IPT) to ensure any changes in schedule or requirements are flowed down to suppliers
• Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
• Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
• Act as authorized agent of the company and primary contact to assigned suppliers
• Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product
• Manage program shortages and ensure supplier commitments are communicated to IPT Lead
• Review non-conformance reports (NCRs) against supplier product and communicate and coordinate disposition
• Identifies and mitigates risk, solves problems, and escalates as needed to IPT Lead and/or Purchasing Manager
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum 3 years of supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
• MRP system experience
• MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
• Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
• Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
• Ability to apply Supply Chain past experience to current environment and modify as needed
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
• Ability to make timely decisions and take action
• Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
• Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
• Previous experience supporting manufacturing, aerospace preferred
• Ability to read and analyze engineering prints
• All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of Safran's products.
• As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
• Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
• Duties listed above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. The company may modify responsibilities as needed to meet business and organizational needs.
Specificity of the job
Travel required on as-needed basis
Locate your future workplace
12810 State Ave WA 98271
Washington United States