The Safran growth strategy centers on three imperatives: growing company market share, customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence. The buyer role is responsible for acquiring goods and services at a competitive price, ensuring that goods are of top quality, and facilitating delivery of goods via the issuance and management of a purchase order. Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
• Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance
• Manages stable supplier accounts, requiring basic knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program
• Responsible for low risk suppliers, moderate spend, with peer team lead oversight
• Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements
• Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets
• Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price
• Interface with planning and purchasing Integrated Program Team (IPT) to ensure any changes in schedule or requirements are flowed down to suppliers
• Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
• Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
• Act as authorized agent of the company and primary contact to assigned suppliers
• Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product
• Manage program shortages and ensure supplier commitments are communicated to IPT Lead
• Review non-conformance reports (NCRs) against supplier product and communicate and coordinate disposition
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 0-3 years of supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
• MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint) - MUST be data analytical and able to run pivot tables, V-Lookup, etc.
• Willingness to learn and develop new competencies
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
• Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
• Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
• Ability to make timely decisions and take action
• Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
• Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
• MRP system experience
• Ability to read and analyze engineering prints
Locate your future workplace
12810 State Ave WA 98271
Washington United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran