The Sourcing Specialist shall implement and manage sourcing plans, special projects/programs and tactical actions when needed to advance strategic supply chain opportunities by employing established procedures/processes, and leveraging supplier performance. In this role, the candidate shall engage with both internal customers and suppliers for project scope, interface with the Commodity Managers for supplier selection and cost, consult with Supplier Development Engineers for technical expertise, and work with any other applicable departmental disciplines to ensure successful project completion.
This position will successfully implement and manage risks associated with assigned work and projects utilizing proactive supply management practices. Below are major initiatives however duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Manage & facilitate all aspects of Kanban and JIT (Just-In-Time) systems with operations, planning, purchasing, and suppliers to streamline the source of supply and inventory levels for achievement best-costs and highest turns.
2. Work closely with the Commodity Managers to support assigned contractual and strategic relationships through the negotiation of agreements including but not limited to long-term agreements, pricing agreements, kanban agreements, service agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement to meet plant and corporate quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
3. Manage and lead special strategic sourcing projects, specific programs, and work-transfers as set-forth by the organization as assigned by the direct supervisor. Work with the Commodity Managers, suppliers, internal customers, and any other department disciplines required to successfully complete assignments.
4. Together with Supplier Development Engineers, drive supplier development activities and new technology applications to achieve LEAN deployment and support corporate KPIs and product improvement opportunities.
5. Prepare Statements of Work for suppliers and produce Requests for Quotation through engagement with the procurement team to meet timelines.
6. Communicate closely with the Commodity Managers and Supplier Development Engineers for smooth data flow-down through project and program-specific progress.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES - US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER.
NO RELOCATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
Required- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent, or equivalent experience
Preferred- Advanced Degree and / or ISM/APICS certifications
Required- Minimum five years related experience in purchasing, operations, or supply chain – in a manufacturing environment
Preferred- Seven years plus supply chain purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment for technical products (aerospace, medical, energy, etc.). Procurement experience for new products / programs and an engineering / technical background preferred
Required- Superior organizational, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate within many levels of the organization. Excellent creative problem-solving skills, proficient in Microsoft office, and enterprise resource planning (ERP)
Preferred- Quality skills (such as LEAN & Six Sigma) & strong project management experience
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc.) provides oxygen systems and components for both commercial and military aircraft. Our products are currently flying on most operating aircraft, including rotary wing.
Our products include:
• Masks for crew and passengers on civilian and military aircraft
• Cylinders for storing oxygen onboard
• Chemical generators for producing oxygen
• Regulators of all types to control oxygen pressure and flow
• Valves to control the flow of oxygen
• Accessories to stow, mount, refill, monitor, dispense and discharge
We remain dedicated to the same levels of service and performance excellence which earned the company its stellar standing in the aviation industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Specificity of the job
Less than 5% travel; contingent upon business conditions
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
- © Safran