Oxygen Systems US supports commercial, military and general aviation life support equipment. The Product Engineer will provide technical product support of existing products. This support includes field services, customer, supplier and internal technical requests and assisting manufacturing sustaining product production. Be an active, supportive member of the business unit team to assure overall product integrity and customer responsiveness
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creates and revises designs (Interface, Detail, Assembly), with Designer; computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, and locations of features
• Makes decision on drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation and interaction of one part to another, and relation of various parts of whole system or project.
• Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, plating, and other physical sciences to complete system design.
• Execute the design, analysis, templates or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, and procedures
• Utilize prior mechanical design experience and apply on-the-job training to meet product deliverables within schedule & budget constraints and to solve tasks through technical skills and analytic thinking.
• Communicate with Manufacturing, Quality and Project Engineers, on changes, concerns and collaboration needs for the product
• Generate development, qualification plans (verification and validation) and compliance methods based on customer and regulatory specifications as needed to address design changes in released product
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
• Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated and the communication of results for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
There is no relocation allowance for this position.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
For 90 years, Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (formerly Scott Aviation) has been a supplier of respiratory systems and components for aviation use. We have a reputation for commitment to quality and service and have always strived to support and delight our customers.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualifications: Education -
Required - Bachelor degree (BS) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in Engineering Discipline
Preferred – MS in Engineering Discipline
Required – 2-3 years related experience
• Experience in gaseous products (chemical or mechanical) and safety equipment
• 5+ years Engineering experience in Aviation or Aviation related industry
Special Knowledge/Skills –
• Understanding of and experience with engineering testing methods
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Experience and proficiency with technical writing; strong communication skills
• Able to perform simulation using Solid works or Matlab simulink and validate with performance testing
• Experience with RTCA DO-160 and/or MIL-STD-810G environmental test standards
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
225 Erie Street 14086
Lancaster, New York Usa
New York United States
- © Safran