Responsible for fabricating prototype parts and altering production parts for testing from drawings, blueprints and sketches using various types of equipment.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
• Produce finished machined parts in accordance with engineering specifications and drawings and modify existing parts as required.
• Assist in Identify and acquire materials for required parts,
• Identify and discuss potential and current fabricating problems with engineering and test lab staff as it relates to prototype work.
• Responsible for supporting the Engineering Group in the fabrication or prototype parts and altering production parts for testing from drawings, blueprints and sketches using various types of equipment.
• Support of production equipment in critical situations.
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
*Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
*All applicants must be a US citizen or US Permanent Resident (i.e., Green Card Holder).
*Relocation is not provided with this position.
*Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc.) provides oxygen systems and components for both commercial and military aircraft. Our products are currently flying on most operating aircraft, including rotary wing.
Our products include:
• Masks for crew and passengers on civilian and military aircraft
• Cylinders for storing oxygen onboard
• Chemical generators for producing oxygen
• Regulators of all types to control oxygen pressure and flow
• Valves to control the flow of oxygen
• Accessories to stow, mount, refill, monitor, dispense and discharge
We remain dedicated to the same levels of service and performance excellence which earned the company its stellar standing in the aviation industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Required- High school diploma, vocational training and/or apprenticeship program.
Required- Apprenticeship papers with 2-4 years experience or 10 years tool and die experience. Must know how to set up and operate lathes, mills, drill presses and grinders.
Preferred- Apprenticeship papers with 5-7 years experience or 15 years tool and die experience. Mold construction, CAD/Master CAM.
Specificity of the job
Locate your future workplace
225 Erie Street 14086
Lancaster, New York Usa
New York United States