Responsible for final inspection of customer orders and as applicable issuance of airworthiness approvals (Form 8130-3) for domestic and export shipments of products and parts in accordance with FAA regulations and directives.
Duties & Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Perform Manufacturing Final Inspector functions in accordance with the Responsibilities, Privileges, and Limitations contained in the relevant FAA regulations and orders.
2. Dedicate the required resources for the effective performance of the delegated Manufacturing Final Inspector functions.
3. Remain knowledgeable of the applicable FAA airworthiness standards, policies and procedures.
4. Attend/complete FAA sponsored training as required.
5. Cooperate with the FAA in exercising DMIR authority.
6. Performs airworthiness verification duties as required according to appropriately prescribed procedures, methods and detailed instructions requiring minimal supervision or guidance.
7. Duties include, but are not limited to the performance or witnessing of inspections and/or testing of materials, detailed parts, components, subassembly and/or end item products, using both standard and special gages, instruments or equipment as required. Will on occasion be required to perform airworthiness verification (Conformity Inspection) directly from blueprints, schematic drawings or other specification documents.
8. Document and maintain records and reports related to the verifications performed.
9. Provide job-related training, guidance and orientation to other personnel when requested, and may be required to maintain appropriate liaison and records with government, customer or production personnel.
Listed above are the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of this job classification. Employees in this job classification may be required to perform various other duties including but not limited to training, administration, and housekeeping. In addition, employees in this job classification are responsible for the quality, quantity and timeliness of the product or service they provide. They will carry out those duties, in a safe and cooperative manner, per established policies, practices and procedures. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
There is no relocation associated with this position. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc) is a U.S. based Safran Company located in Lancaster, NY that designs, manufactures and services oxygen life support respiratory systems, related personal protective equipment, and aircraft accessories for the aviation and government markets. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US functions as a part of Safran, with international locations. We provide innovative oxygen solutions to the aircraft industry.
We remain dedicated to the same levels of service and performance excellence which earned the company its stellar standing in the aviation industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status,
Required: H.S. Diploma or GED
Preferred: 2 year Associate Degree
Required: Minimum 3 years of experience as a company inspector, Designated Manufacturing Inspector or 5 years as a Certified Operator with technical knowledge and familiarity with AVOX Systems products, procedures, manufacturing practices and inspection techniques.
Preferred: Has worked as a DMIR (Designated Manufacturing Inspection Representative) involving oxygen or safety products.
Special Knowledge/Skills –
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Ability to use hand tools and measuring devices
• Prior inspection experience (within AVOX or another similar industry)
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of objectivity while performing DMIR authorized functions or associated functions on behalf of the FAA.
• Knowledgeable of technical and administrative functions associated with DMIR responsibilities.
• Possess integrity, sound judgment, cooperative attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent PC skills.
Locate your future workplace
225 Erie Street 14086
Lancaster, New York Usa
New York United States
- © Safran