Reporting to the tax director, this position provides administrative support to the tax department.
• Assists the tax team with administrative functions related to the filing of tax returns and other related tax forms including attachments and checks
• Prepares assigned monthly and annual filings for state governmental agencies with support from other tax personnel
• Organizes “Statements of Work” from external service providers and tracks and reconciles payments
• Supports the tax team with internal processing of tax payments
• Maintains and tracks requested tax filing calendars
• Assists with preparing and tracking certified/priority/express mail items
• Prepares property and sales tax returns for review by Tax Department members
• Actively participates in departmental meetings
• Processes incoming correspondence and assists with distributing items to the correct company departments and personnel
• Works to track notices and to handle simple inquiries and issues
• Performs other administrative tasks as requested
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits a professional demeanor at all times
• Promotes a team approach by participating in process improvements and other departmental initiatives
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At Safran, we work in the office at least 2 days per week with the possibility of working from home the other 3 days.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required of an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate documents and operate common types of office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Required Education and Experience
• Ability to learn and apply an understanding of the organization and its functional policies and processes, and to work effectively with multiple internal and external partners
• Minimum of 2 years of office experience
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software (training available)
• Working knowledge of email and office equipment (fax, phone, copier, etc.)
Preferred Education and Experience
• BA/BS or Associates or equivalent experience (business or accounting degree helpful); Opportunities for continued growth, education and advancement for someone with an interest in working as income tax professional.
• Spanish Language Skills very helpful but not required
Specificity of the job
No travel is expected for this position.
Locate your future workplace
2201 W. Royal Lane #150 Irving, TX 75063
Texas United States
- © Safran