The Staff Tax Accountant works closely with the Tax Manager focusing on tax compliance work. This work is performed within the guidelines of the tax compliance process to ensure accuracy and timeliness. This position will also help support other tax areas important to the company such as tax provision, tax audits and tax research. This position will interface with various subsidiaries and affiliates, customers, vendors, and independent accountants. The qualified candidate must possess the ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment with strong communication skills.
• Assist with the preparation of Safran USA's income tax returns
• Perform income tax estimate calculations
• Under the direction of a tax manager or director, develop documentation to support responses for income tax return audits
• Work to gain expertise and stay up to date in federal, state and international income tax legislation
• Reports directly to the North American Tax Director
• Exciting opportunity to work for a dynamic and stable international company
• BS in Accounting
• Master's in Accounting or Tax, a plus
• 2+ years of applicable experience
• Exposure to OneSource tax provision and return preparation software experience a plus
• Ability to effectively interact with and work collaboratively with other members of the Safran tax team
• Ability to maintain composure and focus as deadlines approach
• CPA or CPA eligible, a plus
Specificity of the job
Some domestic and international travel may be required.
Locate your future workplace
2201 W. Royal Lane #150 Irving, TX 75063
Texas United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
- © Safran