The Sr. Export-Import Specialist will support Safran USA, Inc. and its affiliates with strategic and daily export and import compliance, anticorruption programs, and related issues. These activities include matters relating to U.S. Trade Regulations, such as, but not limited to, the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Regulations. The Sr. Export-Import Specialist will be establishing and implementing procedures to ensure compliance with the above listed Regulations along with assisting with the development and dissemination of Safran USA's export-import compliance tools and training materials to US affiliates.
• Interpreting U.S. trade regulations (ITAR, EAR, FTR, OFAC and Customs) and providing necessary guidance to both internal customers;
• Interfacing with Compliance Teams and other internal functions (i.e., Program Management, Contracts, Supply Chain) and Senior Leadership to ensure all work processes are in compliance with U.S. trade regulations;
• Draft and or update import / export procedures, instructions, forms, and templates;
• Assist with export/import classifications of items/data for import/export;
• Review screening alerts and address potential positive hits;
• Conduct export/import, & anti-corruption trainings to internal customers;
• Support user accounts for Safran's secure file transfer tool;
• Assist with the development & implementation of the Safran USA Export/Import Compliance Program;
• Assist in investigating and resolving compliance issues;
• Collaborate with compliance team on various projects, conferences, audits, assessments, reports, etc.;
• Assist with research and fact-finding work as needed;
• Help further understanding and compliance with ethics laws and conflicts of interest;
• Assist, promote, & support drafting compliance-related communications;
• Conduct risk assessments for SUSA and possibly other Business Units in the U.S.; &
• Provide guidance and assistance on a broad range of import and export matters, including:
o License determination,
o Origin determination,
o Screening / KYC, and
• Will perform other duties as assigned.
***This position can be Remote, Hybrid, or located in Irving, Texas.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Basic Qualifications & Education:
• Bachelor's Degree Required and Seven (7) or more years of relevant and practical knowledge in US export and import compliance;
• Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum;
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams) and similar software applications.
• Knowledge of the EAR, ITAR, FTR, OFAC and CBP regulations. Knowledge of the FCPA a plus.
• Specifically, experience with:
o EAR and ITAR export authorizations;
o Technology Control Plans and deemed export reviews;
o Vetting ownership and bona fides of companies;
o Screening tools, specifically Visual Compliance, a plus;
o Ability to determine export jurisdiction & applying appropriate analysis;
o Experience classifying hardware and technical data according to the U.S. Commerce Control List (CCL) and the U.S. Munitions List (USML)
o With SNAP-R, DECCS, and ACE;
o In International business, aerospace and defense sector a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and through global, cross-functional teams;
• Excellent time-management skills, especially a strong ability to organize multiple projects at one time and prioritize among them;
• Awareness of industry trends;
• Research skills to perform legal research using electronic sources;
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals;
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere;
• Organized, detailed and business oriented; &
• Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
Locate your future workplace
2201 W. Royal Lane #150 Irving, TX 75063
Texas United States