With more that 250M$ in financial flow the controlling department composed of 6 people has an important responsibility to insure the accuracy, analysis and communication of the books for Safran USA and 6 other hosted companies. It's a fast-moving environment and requires a strong level of competitive finance knowledge, with an international finance background.
Based in the Headquarters of Safran USA (Irving, Texas), the Financial Analyst will be working directly with the Head of Controlling/Director of Finance to manage and improve the controlling for Safran USA and some other legal entities.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Supervised by the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst will be trained to assist with the monthly closing and Safran French Group consolidation processes, including a complete analysis of financial results, within the deadlines requested by Safran management
2. The Financial Analyst will work on the monthly closing tasks of Safran USA which will include payroll accounting, account reconciliations, budget analysis, cash management
3. Assess and monitor organizational performance against budget, run variance analysis (budget vs. actual) and provide insights to support management decision making
4. Assist the annual internal control: maintain and update procedures in compliance with audit requirements (Loi de Securite Financiere - France, French SOX) and enforce an application of procedures to ensure accuracy of documentation for all departments
5. The Financial Analyst will also work on redesigning some accounting tasks to make them leaner and save time with the final objective to reduce the monthly closing lead time
6. Conduct continuous improvement actions and lean activities with strategic planning and analysis to restructure and automate the finance department processes
Bachelor's degree in a related field and 2 – 5 years of relevant experience in accounting and controlling
A plus if you have a Master's degree in accounting and controlling
Ability to provide close attention to detail
Self-starter/entrepreneurial; able to work well without constant direction
Strong analytical skills and proficient in Excel
Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
A plus if you are fluent in French or Spanish
Capacity to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments, in an international Group
Work and communicate effectively at all organizational levels and across functional areas
Display initiatives and creativity in identifying and solving problems
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
CMMC Cyber Officer
11.11.2021 Supply chain
Supply Chain Manager
Information Technology HelpDesk