Job Purpose: The position is two fold:
- The Nexcelle Contract Director is a Safran Nacelles employee who works for the Nexcelle Joint Venture between Safran Nacelles and MRAS (ST Engineering Group). The Contract Director is primarily responsible for the management of the contracts with Nexcelle's customers as well as the coordination between the parent companies of Nexcelle on all contractual aspects.
- This position will also have the additional role of supporting sales activities for Safran Nacelles, in support of the Safran Nacelles Sales Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded, as deemed necessary
• Contract Management for Nexcelle
• Contracts with Customers (new or changes to existing contracts):
Ensure that contractual offers or commitments made by Nexcelle to Customers are agreed by Parent Companies
Draft and negotiate contractual terms as agreed by Parent Companies, including open articles in current contracts.
Ensure contractual requirements and deliverables are flowed down to Parent Companies after contract signature.
Monitor the Company's performance for conformance to agreed contractual terms and set-up regular reviews to ensure all terms and conditions are met in accordance with legal requirements
• Contracts between Nexcelle and Parent Companies
As required, amend or create contractual Terms and Conditions between Nexcelle and Parent Companies.
Ensure application of the provisions of the Partnership Agreement to Nexcelle operations.
Alert Nexcelle President and Executive Vice-President when there is a risk of deviation from the provisions of the Partnership Agreement.
Work with Parent Companies legal counsels and Program Directors as necessary to resolve contractual issues.
Provide contract status updates to senior management including Nexcelle President, EVPs and Advisory Committee.
• Purchase Orders from Customers (with the support of a sales administrator)
• Administrate Purchase Orders (PO) and invoices from Customers including:
Establishment and follow-up of Nexcelle POs to the Parents, according to the Operating Practice.
Communications to Customers up to PO's agreement.
Checking invoices received at Nexcelle, provide comments or agreement to the CFO for payment.
• Nexcelle and Parent Companies leadership control sessions
• Board Of Directors (BOD), Act as Board of Director Secretary:
Establish the BOD agenda with the President, Organize the BOD,
Records all documentation of the BODs in accordance with legal, and contractual requirements
• Advisory Committee
Attend Advisory Committees to ensure rules of Partnership are respected.
Ensure documentation, including minutes, decisions and action items are duly recorded.
• Nexcelle documentation Management
• Maintain an updated filing system of Nexcelle documentation:
• Support Customer audits when appropriate.
• Nexcelle Compliance and Risk Management:
• Define / execute Compliance Program consistent with the Parent Company policies with oversight by Nexcelle BOD.
• Assume the role of Nexcelle Risks Manager. Establish annual risk assessment and review Compliance risk management statements with Nexcelle president.
• Sales Support (America, specific customers or prospects)
• Identifie new sales opportunity
• Interact with Safran Nacelles team regarding commercial questions, in relation with current programs execution or for requests for information from prospects
• Answer to commercial requests for changes from customers or new request for information or quotation
• Negotiate commercial and contractuel terms
• Coordinate answers to requests for proposals, internally, with the different teams involved (program, technical, industrial, finance, legal, support…) up until signature and follow-up with the program manager and program team
Specificity of the job:
***The position is located in Baltimore, Maryland, at the HQ of Nexcelle and MRAS
Skills & Requirements:
• BS Degree, Engineering preferred,
• Contract Management
• Negotiation Skills
• Working knowledge of Aerospace Business
• Strong presentation skills, both with Customers and Peers
• Ability to use the applicable software tools (Microsoft Office Suite).
• Extensive experience working in Aerospace Environment,
• Demonstrated ability to manage aerospace contracts.
Specificity of the job
A few international travels between the US and France are expected. Occasional domestic travels in the US depending on the business development.
Locate your future workplace
2201 W. Royal Lane #150 Irving, TX 75063
Maryland United States
- © Safran