Want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships commitment innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
Safran, for its Electronic & Defense division, is looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Irvine, CA
Summary of Job Purpose:
Perform design and justification responsibilities in the development of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, actuation systems, and related flight control products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft. Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from initial design and requirements capture through manufacture and system testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Requirements development, validation, and design compliance justification
• Conceptual studies of electro-mechanical architectures
• Provides expertise input and guidance to designs and development of competitive electromechanical actuation system solutions
• Mechanical design, analysis, troubleshooting, and review of components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies.
• Work closely with stress engineers to ensure robustness of designs
• System steady-state and transient performance assessments and trade studies
• Understands and is fully proficient with project management, engineering documentation requirements, and engineering analysis tools.
• Verification/Test planning, development, and execution
• Coordination with manufacturing operations for production process fidelity
• Scope, Budget, and schedule management
• Thorough knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, policies, and compliance requirements.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 8-10 years engineering experience
• Extended experience with electromechanical actuation design is a plus
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with motor selection and/or gear train sizing and implementation (spur gear, worm gear, ball screw, rack and pinion, etc)
• Tolerance and clearance analyses, particularly using GD&T
• Demonstrated experience with datum selection and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerance
• Kinematic and kinetic design and analysis
• Free body diagram creation
• Understanding of environmental effects (thermal, vibration, etc.) on mechanical design
• Statistical distributions and analysis
• Experience in material selection and component sizing
• Experience in the area of feedback control systems, integrated system/interface design
• Demonstrated experience in mechanism/actuation system design or other similar electro-mechanical systems
• Experience in aerospace development processes
• Proficiency in using NX(8.5/10.5) for product design or other similar CAD tools
• Must be a proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, with excellent foresight and problem-solving skills
Physical Requirements (Office):
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Specificity of the job
Anticipated travel of less than 5%
Locate your future workplace
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606
California United States
- © Safran