Want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships commitment innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
Safran, for its Electronic & Defense division, is looking for Mechanical Engineer in Irvine, CA
Summary of Job Purpose:
Perform sustaining design engineering activities of pilot control systems, throttle control systems, actuation systems, and related flight control products for business, regional and air-transport aircraft. This role will work cross functionally and provide technical support for products after they have been released to a standard production environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Mechanical design, analysis, troubleshooting, and review of components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies.
• Ability to manage small projects involving change of product design for improvement or performance, reliability, manufacturability or cost
• Participate in new product development process to support design for manufactability analysis, critical design reviews and manufacturing readiness
• Thorough knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, policies, and compliance requirements
• Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related major) from an accredited institution.
• Experience as a mechanical engineer in the aerospace industry is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
• Tolerance and clearance analyses
• Demonstrated experience with datum selection and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerance
• Kinematic design and analysis
• Free body diagram creation
• Understanding of environmental effects (thermal, vibration, etc.) on mechanical design
• Proficiency in using NX(8.5/10.5) for product design or other similar CAD tools
• Experience using Matlab to analyze system performance or data analysis
• Must be a proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, with excellent foresight and problem-solving skills
• Experience with motor selection and/or gear train sizing and implementation (spur gear, worm gear, ball screw, rack and pinion, etc) is a plus
• Demonstrated experience in mechanism/actuation system design or other similar electro-mechanical systems
Specificity of the job
Anticipated travel of less than 5%
Locate your future workplace
1833 Alton Pkway CA 92606
California United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
- © Safran