Provides Contracts support to Program Management, Sales and Customer Service in accordance with company policy and procedures, customer requirements, and Government Contract/Compliance Regulations, with an emphasis on FAR and DFAR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administers commercial and military contracts for complex products and systems to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations. Defines requirements, generates and provides input for proposals, negotiates pricing and terms, monitors contract performance, and ensures compliance with contract requirements, including FAR and DFAR regulations.
• Participates in review and evaluation of Supplier RFQs and resultant proposals to ensure alignment with business strategies and compliance to customer requirements.
• Mitigates onerous contractual risks and liabilities.
• Provides training to organization on contractual and regulatory requirements. Provides guidance to the team on compliance with FAR, DFAR, and ITAR.
• Resolves contractual issues with external customers.
• Provides support to assigned programs, conducts contract risk management reviews and makes recommendations to efficiently and cost effectively mitigate potential risks. Manages the change control process with the Program Manager and provides contractual leadership to projects and programs.
• Administers major contract requirements by analyzing performance requirements and customer purchase order requirements including those issued against Basic Contract Agreements and/or Long-Term Agreements. Analyses include performance to delivery schedules, pricing, terms and conditions and other contract provisions. Maintains contract files and maintains records of contract change activity.
• Determines technically and commercially compliant complex proposal packages for major customers in response to customer or contract requirements. Evaluates performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of costs of material, equipment, and labor hours. Initiates the bid process by identifying requirements and coordinating input from other functions.
• Develops complex responses to requests for proposal (RFP) by reviewing bid process procedures, reviewing material, test and other requirements, and preparing appropriate responses. Prepares and submits complex proposals.
• Negotiates complex contract requirements in accordance with legal and company regulations and policies, including FAR and DFAR. Negotiates price, terms and conditions, deliveries, and other business issues within a broad scope of responsibility. Negotiates contract change proposals; statuses progress of contract performance obligations and reports to customer as needed. Makes proactive recommendations for contract changes for programs or projects of high scope and complexity. Focuses attention and activity on contract risk. Ensures contract provisions are clear and conform to company policy.
• Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on technical and/or quality issues, data requirements, and other business issues as applicable
• Monitors contract performance by determining compliance to contract requirements and determining the need for amendments or extensions to the contract. Determines when customer directed changes are out-of-scope.
• Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned contracts and participates in customer presentations.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; establishes processes for adherence to requirements and implements appropriate actions.
• Acts as consultant to management on major contractual matters by performing analysis, interpretation of data, and incorporation of decision making.
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related discipline from an accredited institution and 5 years related experience in a contracts administration/management role, or
• Master's degree in relevant subject area from an accredited institution and 2 years related experience in a contracts administration/management role.
• Aerospace experience preferred.
• NCMA Certification or similar, preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Familiar with government and commercial contracting terms and conditions
• Intimate knowledge of FAR, DFAR, ITAR, UCC and other Government Contract Regulations
• Ability to Negotiate Price, Terms and Conditions
• Knowledge of Markets and Competitors
• Customer-focused individual
• Ability to identify and solve complex, cross-functional problems
• Ability to drive results by coordinating activities multiple departments
• Proactive, Self-directed and action-oriented with strong decision making skills
• Strong leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong Team building skills
• Creative Thinker with the ability to learn quickly and influence others
• Ability to interface at all levels is key
• Background and knowledge in MFG/Pro other equivalent software packages.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.