Design, develop, and implement strategies to improve supplier quality performance in a sustainable way. Identify and mitigate any quality related risk. Ensure quality and cost effectiveness of materials by deploying processes capability tools and continuous improvement projects. This position reports to the Supplier Quality Manager in the Supply Chain division.
• Support new product Introduction, coordinating the process between Safran Engineering team and suppliers. Support first article inspection. Ensure DFMEA and PFMEA are performed in a timely and accurate manner. Challenge key characteristics monitoring
• Measure the supplier quality performance (KPI). Investigate and manage supplier non-conforming issues and related roots causes analysis to implement sustainable corrective actions (AD8YYYYY)
• Ensure continued compliance of supplier with inspection delegation requirements (periodic on site audit, monitoring of effectiveness of supplier delegation process)
• Work in collaboration with other supplier management departments : procurement, engineering, commodity management and SPM
• Perform evaluation of new and current suppliers in order to ensure compliance with Safran quality and regulatory requirements (e.g., AS9100). Follow up on corrective actions (CAR) resulting from audit findings
• Based on the supplier risk level, perform periodic assessments of current suppliers in order to identify and mitigate the risks
• Develop the supplier quality system maturity by managing quality improvement projects
Education: Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Composite or Industrial Engineering or equivalent education or experience.
Experience: 3+ years of progressive quality experience in aerospace, automotive, or industrial manufacturing environment
Other Skills: Same as Level 2, plus:
• Full understanding of material management
• Full understanding of Part-21 and Part-145
• Expert in process manufacturing management (SPC, special processes) and project management
• Expert in Lean principles
Preferred Qualifications (not required) for all levels 1, 2 & 3:
• APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society): BASIC certification or equivalent
• Black/green belt 6 sigma certified
• ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification with AS/EN/JISQ 9100 training
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.