Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Reporting to the Manager, Stress Engineering, the Stress Engineer 2 performs structural evaluation of aircraft primary and secondary structure as well as interior products to ensure compliance to applicable requirements with minimal oversight. Utilize proficient knowledge of structural requirements, analysis techniques, testing methods, and documentation procedures. Support design engineering and certification with regards to the mechanical evaluation during all phases of product development.
1. Prepare complex structural substantiation documents which include stress analysis, static test plans, static test results, interface loads analysis, comparative analysis
2. Receives guidance from senior Stress Engineers to complete substantiation documents
3. Research all relevant technical specifications, aircraft configurations and data to understand the loading environment and structural requirements, and advise Design Engineering with minimal oversight by senior Stress Engineers
4. Consistently communicate with Program/Engineering Managers, senior Stress Engineers and Product/Project Engineers to provide structural feedback and status their portion of the project.
5. Participate in, and provide information, for design reviews (kick off, Preliminary Design Review, and Critical Design Review)
6. Provide support for, and may approve, drawings and Engineering Change Notices for structural airworthiness at Configuration Control Board meetings
7. Review nonconformance reports to validate repair schemes with minimal oversight of senior Stress Engineers
8. Manage individual tasks to schedule and budget in the Engineering Task Management System
9. Support development of processes and standards for the Stress Domain
10. Engage with senior Stress Engineers on Customer Technical Meetings
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Civil, or related Engineering field
Experience: Minimum 3 year of stress analysis experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with CAD, PLM Systems and Computational Based Analytical Software
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, customer specifications and company specifications.
• Must have a proficient understanding of load paths, stability of structure, and aircraft structural behavior. Must be fully capable of performing analysis with classical equations and limited capability with numerical (Finite Element) analysis methods
• Basic understanding with some capability in finite element analysis and rigid body analysis utilizing commercial software
• High Level proficiency with static test equipment, fixtures and procedures.
• Advanced knowledge and application of the Stress Engineering Manual
• Proficient understanding of material properties, material test methods and processes to obtain material design values including Statistical Methods (CMH17) as it applies to strength basis, material substitution and controlling material.
Description: Mid-level position within field
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Locate your future workplace
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
California United States
- © Safran