The SAP Project Manager is responsible for the International and global implementation of SAP in all SAFRAN Cabin sites. He/she will be responsible for developing a unique and common core model consistent with the SAP Core Model of SAFRAN. The context will be the latest version of SAP, S/4Hana, in the cloud.
• Manage all aspects of Project life cycle to facilitate successful delivery to executive team
• Coordinate requirements collection
• Coordinate with the Business Project Director
• Prepare and drive Integrator selection and then interface with the Integrator project manager during all the project phases
• Develop and oversee detailed project plans.
• Set up the project organization - IS and Business
• Establish detailed project plans and metrics, project deployment strategy, work plans, schedules, resource plans and status reports.
• Ensure consistency with SAP SAFRAN Core Model
• Push for process alignment between SAFRAN Cabin sites
• Identity project risks proactively and develop risk mitigation plans.
• Provide project leadership, work direction and feedback.
• Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members. Motivate work of others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met.
• Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
• Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives and that this governance is operating effectively.
• Proactively identify potential changes in work scope early and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements if changes are validated, budget
Education: Bachelor's (BA or BS.) degree or an equivalent degree from a college or technical school in a related area, plus 7-10 years' experience; or 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 7 - 10 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, and strategic SAP deployment projects
• Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
• Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
• Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bringing projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
• Strong experience in SAP implementations in the aeronautical industry
• Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
• Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
• Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
• Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
• Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines, countries, languages, with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team member
• Excellent understanding of SAP solutions
• Functional knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Advanced knowledge of database systems.
• International implementation experience required
• Management experience in managing medium size teams
• Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization)
• Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
• Ability to travel any time
Description: Senior-level position within field.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-1KO1
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.