The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategy to maintain and grow identified customer base. The Sales Manager is responsible to manage day-to-day customer relationship with the primary goal to grow the business, increase intake order rate, promote the products, negotiate new agreements, review current agreements, as well managing the day-to-day sales operations such as forecast and pricing
• Own Sales P&L for the selected account(s) to ensure annual business targets are met
• Develop and manage customer relations. Identify and cultivate new customers resulting in new business opportunities, increase order intake and improve top line performance
• Interface as the primary customer contact person for the selected accounts
• Implement sales strategies and provide feedback on its implementation to management for potential adjustment
• Identify and lead short, medium, and long-term sales opportunities for the identified division/site.
• Manage and follow-up programs from response to request for quotation until delivery of equipment
• Generate Sales reports on a monthly basis (financial comments, all HK, KPI, etc)
• Actively participate in product development meetings and brainstorming activities focused on product improvements
• Interface, survey, benchmark and develop plans to increase current business and develop new business opportunities with established customers
• Conduct market analysis for specific products and regions to better drive product development and sales activities
• Lead and participate in forecasting and budgeting exercises. Provide detailed sales forecasts for monthly production outlook and annual sales plan
• Ensure efficient and effective response to customer inquiries by working closely with other departments (i.e. engineering, production, planning and contracts) to develop a cohesive and cross-functional team to support the customers' needs
• Organize and conduct presentations of company products and capabilities to current and prospective customers, organizations and trade shows as required
• Organize company participation in and attend customer meetings, as required
• Coordinate with Customer Support to determine customer contractual obligations in regards to initial provisioning and aftermarket issues
• Monitor compliance with customer requirements and remain pro-active in dealing with customer inquiries on both technical and commercial matters
• Education: Candidate must have an engineering degree or equivalent technical degree. Alternatively, a B.S./B.A. degree in a related field and a minimum of three to five years sales or marketing experience.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
• Advanced knowledge of MRP systems, specifically LN preferred.
• Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to respond to customer inquiries or complaints from customers, representatives, or members of the business community
• Through knowledge of appliances interiors market, including specific customer familiarity and personal contacts,
• Familiar with financial models and have a basic understanding of accounting
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent personal and intuitive skills to develop and maintain personal relationships with customers and fellow employees
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Preferred Qualifications/Skills: (not required)
• Engineering degree
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
* Traveling is required minimum of 25%, maximum in first year of 40%
Locate your future workplace
17311 Nichols Lane CA 92647
California United States
- © Safran