The Project Manager 3 oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific medium-large size development projects overseeing the development of a product or service or manage an investment project.
The project manager 3 is responsible for ensuring that all technical, cost, quality and delivery requirements are met. This includes meeting all recurring cost (RC) objectives, manufacturing, purchasing and maintenance. The project manager has budget accountability as delegated by a program manager, or Division/Business unit leader.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time:
• Familiar with and contributes to the activities in their company
• Able to understand the special technical features of the product/service/activity and can discuss them with the customer's engineering counterpart for one or more ranges of Safran products, services and activities.
• Leads and supports a project with an international dimension involving various participants (internal or external) or entities, complex subcontracting arrangements, which require scheduling, as well as managing financial, human and technical resources, in compliance with specifications (cost, time and quality).
• Able to suggest ways to optimize the organization of a project and to implement project management using an alternative method
• Subject Matter expert at implementing Earn Value Management (EVM). Able to control scheduling for an entire project: macro planning, planning schedules and tasks, identifying the margins and the critical path and managing the outsourced workload
• Identify and control the cost of risks within a project
• Leads an operational team in their company directly, and is responsible for coordination and ensuring performance-related objectives are met. Manages and coordinates their performance. Contributes to the development of managers who are direct reports. Able to lead and work in a cross-cultural environment
• Assist in the estimate fiscal year budgeting & business case process
• Understands the principles of subcontract management & Make/Buy strategy
• Manages change at project level, designs and manages a change strategy
• Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into project planning and control
• Able to negotiate with internal and external entities to optimize project performance
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Other duties maybe assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or other Technical discipline
• (with Bachelor's degree) 7-9 years of related experience leading a work package
• Experience within the aviation and/or aerospace industry.
• Proficient with MS Project, competent with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Previous experience in planning or managing projects, as well as, the ability to develop, lead, motivate working teams.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Familiar with problem solving tools
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required):
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• Ability to translate strategy to operational objectives
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Up to 15%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
10.19.2021 R&D Technical Direction
Global Engineering Manager, Modeling & Simulation
Huntington Beach, California