Project Engineer 3 leads the development of a product.
1. Define and implement the development plan according to Safran's standard development processes and in line with the performance, quality, delivery and cost commitments.
2. Lead the project team. This involves circulating bottom-up and top-down information about the project and formally defining, in conjunction with project team members' line managers, the availability of the requisite skills and resources.
3. Produce summaries of development quotes drawn up in conjunction with the relevant business lines and draft technical and financial proposals to be submitted for approval
4. Define the project reference system (document reference system, approval records, configuration reports, etc.) in accordance with regulatory requirements.
5. Oversee application of the project schedule and updates of management indicators (KPIs).
6. Oversee the rigorous implementation and application of all project management methods in accordance with regulations and standards: weekly management meetings, KPIs, dashboards, reports, etc.
7. As part of the development process, provide input for technical choices in conjunction with the technical teams and relevant business lines.
8. Provide IPT support when dealing with the customer and the authorities (certification/flightworthiness).
9. Oversee management of development risks and opportunities by integrating experience feedback.
10. If necessary, set up task forces to resolve development sticking points and/or contingencies.
11. Participate in project development reviews (technical, production engineering, support) to prepare program milestone reviews.
12. Take part in IPT team meetings.
13. Mentor Project Engineers 1, 2, on engineering project management practices, tools and expectations.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in Engineering or related field
Minimum 5 year related experience in aerospace or engineering project management.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CAD & PLM Systems
• Strong knowledge of Project management tools
Specificity of the job
Traveling is required
Locate your future workplace
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
California United States
- © Safran