The Production Supervisor oversees the manufacturing operation, manages employees, plans and makes changes according to production schedule, promotes safety, supports and communicates company goals, rules, and standards, to employees. Promotes lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes.
Summary of Duties:
Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective production Department planning, policies, and procedures.
• Assists Senior Management in developing short and long term goals and objectives and provides suggestions and recommendations.
• Participates in developing Department policies and procedures and ensures that they support and complement Company-wide strategic objectives.
• Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies. Ensures that policies are updated and in accordance with evolving production and quality standards.
Assumes responsibility for the efficient, timely, and accurate completion of Production functions.
• Oversees production and assembly processes. Supervises assembly, inspection, and shipment of products.
• Monitors and supervises production quality, and inspection of products. Identifies problems and resolves them quickly and effectively.
• Regulates work flow to ensure maximum production capacity. Monitors the floor production schedule to ensure that products are completed according to deadlines.
• Ensures that Production functions are completed in accordance with established production, safety, and quality standards.
Effectively supervises assigned personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
• Provides leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
• Directs and assigns personnel. Provides assistance and support as needed.
• Trains, advises, and counsels employees on current production methods. Provides suggestions to improve performance and productivity.
• Conducts performance appraisals as required. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
• Assists with personnel decisions including hiring, terminations, wage decisions, and promotions.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and management.
• Works closely with purchasing, and engineering departments to maintain schedules and implement changes and revisions in operational procedures.
• Provides assistance and support to related departments as required.
• Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
• Stays informed of developments and changes in production techniques and methods.
• Performs production duties as needed.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
Education: Associate's degree or equivalent experience (+2 years)
Knowledge: Strong understanding of production procedures, standards and knowledge of Quality Control Standards and systems.
Experience: 7 or more years of experience in manufacturing environment, plus 2 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Computer Skill: Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, email, ERP system.
Other Skills: Well organized, planning and time management skills, quality oriented, problem solving. Ability to lead teams, conduct meetings, give direction/delegate, and train/coach/mentor employees.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• 3 or more years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.