The Manager, Engineering- Modeling & Simulation, is responsible for leading the global multi-site Modeling & Simulation Engineering Team supporting Engineering at all sites in Safran Cabin. This position will report to the Director, Modeling & Simulation for Cabin Core Engineering.
The Manager, Engineering- Modeling & Simulation is responsible for the coordination and management of all Modeling & Simulation activities including support of engineering development and stress certification of Safran Cabin products across all divisions. The Manager is also responsible for the continuous growth, alignment, mentoring, setting metrics, and measuring performance for the Stress Engineering team. The Manager, Engineering- Modeling & Simulation will work in conjunction with the Manager, Engineering- Stress (Europe) and the Manager, Engineering- Stress (North America) to drive standard practices and procedures for Stress Engineering across all divisions.
• Plans and directs the work of the highly skilled multi-site Modeling & Simulation staff to achieve product certification objectives.
• Supports development of new Modeling and Simulation capabilities and validated methodologies within the team; Responsible for supporting strategy for delivering a robust Certification by Analysis capability to all divisions across Cabin.
• Actively works with the engineering disciplines to ensure that modeling and simulation is utilized to support product development and risk reduction activities to meet performance requirements.
• Forecasts, manages, and maintains actual vs. budgeted engineering costs, starting at the proposal phase and through the project. Monitors scheduling and team resources to meet/exceed business objectives and goals.
• Coordinates with Modeling and Simulation Chief Engineer to develop common simulation process, procedures, and best practices
• Oversees development of analytical tools, databases and work flow procedures, as needed, for efficient product completion.
• Works closely and constructively with other departments within the organization to gain consensus on the best strategy for each engineering issue.
• Demonstrate understanding of regulatory requirements, customer specifications and Company specifications.
• Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and evaluating staff; Makes recommendations, initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience developing Aircraft Interiors Products and Systems with exposure to Modeling & Simulation and Stress Certification process; with at least 5 years formal leadership experience with proven track record of effective team-building and talent development within a design and build organization.
• Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), Database software, Internet software
• Understanding of Modeling & Simulation Software and capabilities
• Proven management skills including leadership of high-performing team, employee development, and effective change management
• Experience with Modeling and Simulation tools and technology
• Experience driving capability development and implementation in an engineering environment
• Understanding of analytical model correlation to test
• Aviation/Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience
• Experience working with the FAA, EASA and other Regulatory Agencies
• Proven ability to effectively interface with global aircraft interior customers (i.e. Commercial Aircraft OEMs)
• Ability to build effective working relationships, persuade and influence, and problem-solve complex issues
• Experience coaching and managing a team of engineers including conducting annual performance reviews
• Excellent organization and communication skills to provide direction, performance management and oversight to direct report
• Business acumen to assist in establishing budgets, providing program health metrics to management, make recommendations for resourcing programs
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals
Additional Preferred Qualifications/Skills: (not required)
• Master's Degree or MBA
• Management of teams across multiple sites
• Experience with MS Project
• Working knowledge of Part 25 Regulations as they pertain to Aircraft Interiors and
• Working knowledge of accepted design practices and solutions in Aircraft Industry
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-1KO1
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.