Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Reporting to the Manager, Flammability Engineering, the Flammability Engineer 2 supports certification of Safran Cabin aircraft interior and simple cargo components by authoring test plans and reports for simple and not-simple components
• Produce test plans and reports to demonstrate flammability compliance for interior and cargo components; check test plans and reports
• Work with more senior Flammability Engineers to complete flammability engineering deliverables per project schedule and budget
• Assign proper regulatory requirements based on the part's installation and/or material and assigns test codes, or an acceptable regulatory approved non-test method of compliance
• With guidance from more senior Flammability Engineers, provide Project/Program Team support; support Material Review Board via Non-Conforming Report disposition
• Adhere to Department's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), On Time Completion and First Pass Yield; monitor own KPIs with support from more senior Flammability Engineers
• Work with more senior Flammability Engineers to leverage reduced testing through use of non-test Methods of Compliance and/or similarities
• Work with more senior Flammability Engineers to ensure that all customer technical specifications/ requirements are understood
• Maintain status of tasks and progress of work in Safran Cabin's Engineering Task Management tool; provide time and cost estimate for test plan and reporting authoring for new or changed projects
• With guidance of more senior Flammability Engineers, identify basic and non-standard test configuration for test specimens as per the applicable regulatory requirement and FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) approved test methods
• Identify and resolve technical issues with guidance from more senior Flammability Engineers
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Education: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Chemical, Materials or related engineering field
Experience: Minimum 3 years related experience in aerospace certification
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to effectively interrogate engineering models and drawings
• Good communication and organizational skills
Description: Entry-level position within field
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran