Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 36 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
The Manager, Engineering provides leadership for one of the engineering groups supporting current and future programs. Oversees the execution of engineering, personnel development and technical competence of the Engineering department. Responsible for the continuous growth, alignment, and leveraging of reporting managers, mentoring, setting metrics, measuring performance for engineering team, and promoting a cross-functional team culture utilizing Lean and Six Sigma principles.
1. Manage, plan and direct the work of the highly skilled engineers to achieve product objectives.
2. Monitor scheduling and department resources to meet/exceed business objectives and goals.
3. Responsible for preparing cost estimates at the proposal phase and during the course of projects
4. Forecast, manage, and maintain actual vs. budgeted engineering costs.
5. Ensure budgets and schedules are met.
6. Develop and maintain processes to ensure efficient completion of all projects.
7. Prepare staffing plans, anticipates critical path issues and sets a strategy to meet program schedules and budgets.
8. Promote cost awareness through BOM management and manufacturing decision-making.
9. Recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
10. Coach, train and mentor a team of Engineers to keep all team members working efficiently.
11. Develop analytical tools, databases and work flow procedures, as needed, for efficient product completion.
12. Work closely and constructively with other departments within the organization to gain consensus on the best strategy for each engineering issue.
13. Communicate clearly with the engineering team
14. Perform all other duties as assigned
SALARY RANGE: USD $109,760 - $172,80
Education: Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 8 years industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with Aircraft OEM preferred.
• Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Experience coaching and managing a team of engineers including conducting annual performance reviews.
• Excellent organization and communication skills to provide direction, performance management and oversight to direct reports plus manage as many contractors.
• Business acumen to assist in establishing budgets, providing program health metrics to management, make recommendations for resourcing programs
• Assistance in recruitment for new positions, participate in hiring/interviewing process
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills required.
• Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to develop, implement and monitor corrective action plans for improved business/certification cycle times.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
* Minor traveling may be required
Locate your future workplace
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
California United States