Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Summary of Duties:
• Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
• Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
o Apply Safran Cabin & Structures' engineering standards as established in CDE1000, with emphasis on Sections 2, 3, 4, 7 and 10.
• Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
• Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
• Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
• Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
• Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
o Identify problems and develop solutions.
• Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
• All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of Safran's products.
• As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
• Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
• Duties listed above are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. The Company may modify responsibilities as needed to meet business and organizational needs.
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
Level 4 Qualifications:
Understanding of full product life cycle is important to support spares requirements and the generation of CMM and IPC's.
• Generate a variety of innovative design solutions and concepts when faced with design problems; optimizing design for commonality and modularity.
• Write and or provide guidance to the creators of technical specification (CDRXXX-117) for purchased critical components.
• Initiate and lead modular design approach; Control modular design catalogues.
• Mentor entry level engineering personnel in fields of expertise.
Education: BS Engineering/Science
• 8 years engineering experience; 4-5 years in Design Engineering
• Possesses and applies comprehensive concepts, practices and procedures in design engineering
• Works with greater independence to design and develop the mechanical aspects of stand-alone products.
• Respects lead times, costs, and availability of parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product.
• Leads technical aspects of intermediate scale programs and has experience with complex interior design programs, assumes ownership of the product development through maturity.
• Key focal for Project Engineer.
• In depth understanding of airworthiness requirements for passenger aircraft interiors.
• The ability to perform basic structural calculations, an extensive understanding of materials and processes & tool constraints.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
• MS Windows.
• Proficient knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
• CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred.
• AutoCAD is useful.
Description: Senior-level position within field.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.