The Contracts Manager is primarily responsible for leading commercial proposal efforts and negotiating settlements that meet or exceed company objectives. This position will report to the Director of Contracts.
Summary of Duties:
• • Cross-functional collaboration to ensure complete, accurate, and timely responses to customer RFPs with quick turn-around requirements
• Cost estimation and proposal pricing
• Prepare documentation for internal review and act as contractual point of contact between Safran and the customer, submit necessary documents to the customer.
• Lead commercial negotiations to reach agreements that meet or exceed company sales and profitability targets
• Develop and maintain product price catalogs
• Ensure customer orders accurately reflect negotiated prices, terms and conditions
• Identification and pursuit of out-of-scope work, and successful resolution of open claims with the customer
• Analyzing and communicating contract requirements to the program team and internal management
• Directing the work of Contract Administrators, when applicable
• Amend existing contracts, and pursue any past due commercial claims with the customer.
• General Duties:
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of the Safran Cabin products.
o As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future
o Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division
Education: BS in Business Administration or equivalent
Experience: 5+ years of experience in aerospace contracts/sales proposal field. Experience in commercial aircraft interior or equivalent experience is preferred.
Computer Skill: Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; must be able to construct graphs and pivot tables for weekly/monthly KPI reports. Knowledge and understanding of basic MRP functions and applications is required.
Other Skills: Strong written and verbal skills and be able to analyze and evaluate business proposals. Experience in commercial negotiation is required.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.