1. Create and maintain master configuration documents for the program.
2. Review and evaluate document change requests for relevance, completeness, impact, and compliance with the configuration management policy and
3. Works with Engineering to classify changes as major or minor.
4. Input and update engineering configuration information and ensure its accuracy.
5. Collect, compile and analyze impacts for changes from affected disciplines
6. Assure electronic transmittal of program data in accordance with program requirements.
7. Author configuration reports of product baselines, engineering changes, and change proposals and their applicable status for the program.
8. Prepare and review documentation required to define and control engineering data and configurations.
9. Drive Configuration Change Board (CCB) activities
10. Perform CCB activities to include capturing minutes and action items, tracking action items to closure, and distributing change notifications to
program team members.
11. Review change activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
12. Maintain database records, prepare forms, and verify information related to configuration management activities.
13. Author and submit configuration management information to and from the customer.
14. Review engineering data in SmarTeam workflows for configuration management related aspects.
15. Drive amendment process and ensure physical implementation of the amendment process for changes
16. Perform CM training for other engineering members
17. Provide CM deliverables during Master Engineering Review process
18. Coordinate with external customers to drive approval and completion of change notifications.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
The Configuration Engineer 1 (CE1) performs configuration related-activities for a small program or portion of larger program.
The CE1 prepares, reviews change requests, administer CCB activities and drive notification and approval with customer. CE1 reports to the Configuration Engineering Manager.
Education: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Engineering, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
Experience: Minimum 1 years in Configuration Management or a related technical discipline such as Technical Publications; in Configuration management or a related technical discipline such as Technical Publications.
• Intermediate/proficient knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Some knowledge of PLM (Product Life Management) such as Smarteam Enovia
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings and change notices
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving and organization skills
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Experience within an aerospace/manufacturing environment
• MS Excel macro programming a plus
• Some knowledge of relational databases a plus.
Description: Entry-level position within field.
Specificity of the job
* Traveling may be required.
Locate your future workplace
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
California United States
- © Safran