Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Design of products with high performance and rich user experience is a key function in the innovation of connected product solutions development at Safran Cabin Innovation Research & Technology (R&T) group. The Cloud Platform Engineer is responsible for the connected cabin cloud platform development that covers concept, architecture, design, development and testing which will host suite of IoT web/mobile applications. Is responsible for being hands on cloud-based Micro services platform architecture with IOT data streaming, data management, including storage, consumption access, governance and integrity.
This role is also responsible for Cabin R&T activities that are related to Connected Products cloud platform development activities. The responsibilities include dream the future, ideation, new technology implementation, and R&T project execution up to TRL6 and beyond as needed. Fosters innovation and creativity.
1. Conceptualize and create Amazon Web Services (AWS) based cloud platform architecture for connected cabin applications
2. Design and develop micro-services and Rest APIs of indefinite scale as a back-end engineer
3. Migrate multi-tier, complex applications to AWS from partner/supplier environment
4. Write, design, and test code; Design, develop complex pipelines
5. Design, develop and deploy highly scalable, cloud-native solutions on the AWS platform
6. Develop backend software components to extract, transform and load very large data sets with minimum latency
7. Design & develop security features as needed for cloud platform
8. Develop data architecture that processes AWS IoT data streams
9. Develop data flows and data flow lifecycle (transactional, analytical data)
10. Develop AWS components to achieve overall solution objectives
11. Champion and maintain the Continuous Improvement/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process
12. Implement industry best practices such as Agile, DevOps, etc.
13. Apply insights to improve cloud software development processes, tools and development culture
14. Work with partners/universities/suppliers to develop IoT software applications
15. Contribute to the technical specification of Cabin IoT products and work with leadership and product teams to build features on our roadmap at scale.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the innovation, design and the development of high performance cloud based software products and technologies
Knowledge & Skills:
People, Process & Analytical Skills
• Strong communication skills and interest in a pair programming environment
• Ability in solving complex technical issues, and possess a strong ownership and drive to bring issues to closure.
• Demonstrated ability in leadership, excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add values and make a difference
• Critical thinking with open to critique
• Analytical thinking with ability to synthesize information and identify salient points
• Ability to define problems, understands data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Demonstrates ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
• Detail-oriented, organized and work well independently and as part of a team
• User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile XP practice, and possess a learning mindset.
• Strong working knowledge of cloud computing
• Hands on experience in at least one cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
• Proficiency with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Experience in Microservices architecture using (Kafka, kinesis etc.)
• Working knowledge and experience with CI/CD process
• Experience in database design with Oracle/MS SQL Server, Mongo DB or any other NOSQL databases
• Hands-on experience in designing server less architectures
• Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing complex applications and distributed systems into public cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure etc.)
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Locate your future workplace
5701 Bolsa Ave CA 92647
California United States
- © Safran