1.0 SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE
The candidate will be the technical focal point towards the US Coast Guard organization and to be the interface with other SafranHE or SafranHE USA departments.
Establishes and maintains open positive communication and assistance ensuring successful.
Ensure customers recognize the position as the primary interface to provide technical expertise.
Report all service difficulties; promotes Safran image and provides market-related information.
2.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Act as the primary point of contact/technical expert for the USCG Safran HE interface.
• Has complete technical familiarity with Arriel engines.
• Research and answers customer technical questions. When necessary, provides on-site technical assistance and guidance to oversee repairs and/or troubleshooting of complex or unusual problems.
• Coordinates issue resolution with Engineering, Customer Service, and other personnel to expedite repairs and/or troubleshooting of components or other support issues.
• Integral part of Front Office team supporting the Customer Support Representatives, Customer Support Manager and Senior Management.
• Qualified to perform Levels 1 and 2 maintenance on engines operated in the assigned region to include familiarization of Levels 3 tasks and Maintenance Technical Instructions (MTIs).
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with internal and external customers, able to compose written documentation and to read and interpret various types of technical documentation.
• Participates in customer visits supporting and other Safran HE personnel as necessary.
• Understand and accepts warranty claims for items listed on the “short circuit” warranty list.
• Review and understand the USCG SBH contractual obligations of the Safran HE FREP.
• Complete and submit the Monthly Activity report on time as defined by the USCG.
• Trip Reports completed within 10 days upon trip completion.
• Regional training presentations, (min 4) per year.
• Review USCG technical information (MPC's) and provide report once per year.
• Provide technical guidance on revisions to engine documentation and EPC as required.
• Review USCG weekly flight reports and update engine fleet Line of Balance for forecasting.
• Review USCG parts usage and update USCG BOD (USCG field stock) part allowance for air stations annually.
• Assist Safran HE CSR and customer with technical questions and answers for part orders, overhauls and repairs.
• 24 hours & 7 days per week “On Call” duty rotation required.
• Travel required – 35%, including international travel.
3.0 SCOPE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Follows prescribed procedures to fulfill project objectives, making alterations as necessary, informing supervisor promptly; monitors expenditures. Acts at his own discretion, with long-term review or audit by direct management. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to create totally new approaches.
4.0 REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Fluent in the English language, both written and verbal communication.
• FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate.
• Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations and application.
• Levels 1 and 2 Maintenance certification.
• Airbus Helicopter and SAFRAN HE engine experience essential, AS365N experience a plus.
• Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI and TEAMS
• Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations that must be interpreted, adapted, and applied to the unique requirements of the organization.
5.0 PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Occasionally climb 5 to 10 feet on aircraft steps.
• Stand for extended periods of time.
**Safran Helicopter Engines USA is a federal contractor and will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before beginning employment with the company**.
Locate your future workplace
2709 Forum Drive TX 75052-7027
Texas United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
- © Safran