Summary of Job Purpose:
Test and calibrate performance for repaired and overhauled the Safran HE family of Fuel Control Units (FCU) and Hydro-Mechanical Units (HMU), as well as interpret test data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Connect fuel lines, air lines, instruments, and controls
• Connect testing instruments, such as angular position electronic boxes.
• Start and operate FCU/HMU for specified time at various speeds.
• Read and record test data, such as speed, temperature, fuel pressure and fuel flow.
• Calculate performance of FCU/HMU at various speeds, using test data, standard formulas, computer or calculator.
• Operate computerized test equipment to enter, retrieve, and compute test data and be designated test cell technician.
• Sign off tested FCU/HMU as ready for service or indicates reasons for rejection based on analysis of test data.
• Replace FCU/HMU sub-assemblies when trouble shooting required
• Perform light repairs (leak, delta P, decel assy,…)
• Trouble shoot FCU/HMU when performance is not meet.
• Give guidance to workscope on repairs to be performed after a reject.
• Perform investigation and warranty test following the Investigation Workscope and provide data/feedback to investigator.
• May be assigned responsibility for training of co-workers, and ensures that they are properly trained for each task they are performing.
• Define and implement changes as necessary to improve process.
• Ensure that safety is a priority.
• Ensure cleanliness of work area.
• May be assigned responsibility for maintenance performed during his/her shift.
• Supports Safran Helicopter Engines and management policies.
Scopes and Accountabilities:
• Quality, reliability, and safety of product are the primary focuses. Errors must be eliminated and reported immediately to the area supervisor
• Selects appropriate procedures for activity being performed from several options
• Must inform supervisor promptly of all deviation noted during work processes
• Errors may lead to waste and the need to repeat most or all of the work
• All work performed must be documented on the appropriate form when required and after completion of each step as required
• Must work in a safe manner at all times
• Capable of performing trouble shooting activities associated with assigned task
Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Associate's degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Mechanical/technical/interpersonal – Advanced – Skills must be adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
• Intermediate – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Powerplant License preferred
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Locate your future workplace
2709 Forum Drive TX 75052-7027
Texas United States