The Technical Services Manager is responsible for the completion of key CFM 56 engine documentation projects on time
and within scope as assigned by the Sr. Manager Technical Services. This position will follow the assigned work plan,
meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
• Responsible for reviewing engine files to ensure compliance with industry
standards and internal policies, before granting a technical approval.
• Research, prepare, review and complete engine technical reviews.
• Utilization of O.E.M. engine shop manual, specialized instructions and
regulatory requirements to assess engine status.
• Responsible for daily engine file review in accordance with work
• Implement and maintain operating plans / strategies for each assigned
program or engine.
• Ensure accuracy of documentation and work with seller/consigner to
correct documentation as required.
• Responsible for resolution of issues related to the technical approval
process, including traceability issues.
• Understands ISO, ASA and regulatory requirements.
• Communicate progress and status to their Manager and appropriate
• Continuously strive to strengthen and refine department effectiveness.
• Identify problems and make recommendations / solutions for completing
all project objectives.
• Has authority to act at his/her own discretion, with short-term review by
the Sr. Manager of Technical Services.
• He/she will coordinate with other CFM Materials internal departments to
ensure all aspects of each project are compatible with client's needs.
• Ability to work directly with clients.
• Knowledge of aircraft turbo jet engines and components operation.
• Experience working with jet engine technical documents and records.
• Well organized, critical thinking, ability to analyze technical data.
• Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects at the same time in
a fast-paced environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Sound technical judgment.
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external
• Ability to maintain confidentiality about the company's activities and
• College degree from an accredited university or college or a high school
diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a maintenance or
repair department in an aviation or aerospace company.
• Capable of preparing, coordinating, and maintaining accurate detailed
documentation necessary for technical approval.
• Knowledge of Aviation/aerospace documentation and requirements.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• A&P License Preferred.
• Willing to obtain a Six-Sigma Green Belt certification.
• Knowledge of the CFM56 engine product lines and general aerospace
rules and requirements preferred.
• Knowledge of the ISO9001/ASA-100 standards and general Quality
methods and tools preferred.
• Advanced level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required up to 10% including international travel.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, produces and sells, alone or in partnership, commercial and military aircraft engines offering world-class performance. Through CFM International*, Safran Aircraft Engines is the world's leading supplier of engines for single-aisle mainline commercial jets. The company is also fully responsible for the design, development and production of the M88 and M53 engines for the Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighters, respectively, and will be the systems integrator for the engine powering Europe's New-Generation Fighter.
*CFM International is a 50/50 joint company between Safran Aircraft Engines and GE.
- © Safran