The Technical Director has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all technical and quality-related activities of the company.
• Lead the Technical and Quality department at CFM Materials to ensure lean and effective processes are in place across processes, systems, and functions.
• Defines and oversees engine technical reviews. Utilizes O.E.M. engine shop manual, specialized instructions, and regulatory requirements, etc. to assess engine status.
• Define and continuously improve procedures for efficiently obtaining technical documents to support engine and part sales.
• Defines engine workscopes and oversee engine shop visits from the technical perspective. Defines and oversee engine inspections for serviceability and continue time in service.
• Defines company standards, procedures and policies related to the technical and quality aspects of the business.
• Develops, implement and maintain operating plans / strategies for each assigned program or engine
• Oversees company ISO and ASA certification. Responsible for the company quality system.
• Communicates progress, status and issues to the appropriate departments
• Continuously strives to strengthen and refine department effectiveness
• Develops procedures for fulfilling project objectives, identifying problem and recommending solutions
• Has the ability to act proactively in search of competitive advantages for CFM Materials.
• Assists in establishing yearly objectives, oversee long-term budgetary planning.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all the employees of the Technical and Quality department.
• Well organized, critical thinking, ability to analyze technical data
• Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects at the same time
• Detailed understanding of aircraft engine technical records
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
Required Education and Experience
• College degree with at least 8 years of experience in a maintenance or repair position in an aerospace company.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
• Knowledge of Turbojet Engine and general aerospace rules and requirements
• Knowledge of Repair and Inspection technics and tools related to engine components
• Knowledge of the FAA regulations related to Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
• Knowledge of the ISO9001/AS9100-9110 and ASA-100 standards and general Quality methods and tools. Must be able to develop and maintain company certifications
• Must be able to organize, coordinate and conduct audits and train internal auditors.
• Capable of preparing, coordinating, and maintaining accurate detailed documentation necessary for technical approval
• Advanced level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required up to 15% including international travel
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, produces and sells, alone or in partnership, commercial and military aircraft engines offering world-class performance. Through CFM International*, Safran Aircraft Engines is the world's leading supplier of engines for single-aisle mainline commercial jets. The company is also fully responsible for the design, development and production of the M88 and M53 engines for the Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighters, respectively, and will be the systems integrator for the engine powering Europe's New-Generation Fighter.
*CFM International is a 50/50 joint company between Safran Aircraft Engines and GE.
- © Safran