The software developer develops specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifies/maintains the existing software using VB.NET. This role develops, modifies and maintains applications that may be customized or standardized. This position participates in design and coding activities with other staff members. The software developer will also meet data needs of multiple departments and database development/maintenance for activities pertaining to the company's computer and internet network systems.
• Designs/codes applications following specifications using primarily VB.NET and utilizing Visual Studio 2010-2019, Azure DevOps, Git, .NET Framework 3.5 and later, ADO.NET
• Maintains and modifies existing applications without supervision as well as under direction from senior staff members.
• Troubleshoot, maintain, monitor and provide support for existing systems
• Database maintenance (SQL 2016)
• Identify alternatives for optimizing compute resources.
• Ability to successfully work directly with business end users
• Creative problem-solving ability, allowing the individual to identify solid solutions to challenging business issues.
• Strong process and project management skills, allowing focus and successful multi-tasking in a dynamic environment.
• A passion for success and willingness to go above and beyond to accomplish goals.
• Problem Solving/Analytical
• Technical Capacity
• Communication Proficiency
• Time Management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in computer science or equivalent on-the-job experience
• 5+ years VB.Net development
• 5+ years ASP.Net
• 3+ years C#
• 3+ years as database developer (NOT administrator) working with currently used technological products
• 3+ currently used shell scripting technologies
• 1+ years with Xamarin
• Familiar with SQL Server 2016 or later, Azure DevOps, SharePoint 365
Specificity of the job
No travel is expected for this position.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, produces and sells, alone or in partnership, commercial and military aircraft engines offering world-class performance. Through CFM International*, Safran Aircraft Engines is the world's leading supplier of engines for single-aisle mainline commercial jets. The company is also fully responsible for the design, development and production of the M88 and M53 engines for the Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighters, respectively, and will be the systems integrator for the engine powering Europe's New-Generation Fighter.
*CFM International is a 50/50 joint company between Safran Aircraft Engines and GE.
- © Safran