Summary of Job Purpose:
Supports the shop and customer requirements by picking inventory parts accurately and efficiently; preparing items for safe transport to customers while verifying and maintaining accurate records of incoming and outgoing shipments; and verifying and maintaining records for incoming and outgoing shipments; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conveys materials from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas; marks material with identifying information and arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by others. Directs movement of received material to proper delivery destinations.
• Packages parts for storage or shipment, maintains appropriate files, participates in cycle counts and assists in maintaining the work area in a neat, clean and organized fashion. Insures the processing of inventory and picking procedures are accomplished accurately and efficiently.
• Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments; verifies information against bills of lading, invoices, orders and other records.
• Determines appropriate packaging requirements and methods of shipment for engines, modules and customer orders; seals engines and modules. Affixes shipping labels and documentation on cartons or crates. Insures customer orders are pulled, packaged and shipped within prescribed customer time limits.
• Pulls engines and modules from rental pools for expedited shipment to customer, arranges all “hot-shot” and “AOG” transportation for shipments; loads and unloads trucks; ships documents, publications, parts, modules and engines. Routes items to departments; unpacks and examines incoming shipments; records shortages; rejects damaged material. Inspects loading operations to insure compliance with shipping specifications.
• Checks material handling equipment for defects and notifies proper personnel for repair.
• Adjusts errors and assists in resolving complaints
• Required “On Call” duty.
Follows proscribed procedures, making alterations if necessary, but must immediately notify the Logistics Supervisor; requests expenditures. Errors may lead to the need to reconstruct the entire team effort.
• High School Diploma
• Warehouse and/or shipping experience and understanding of the systems used for requesting transportation is preferred.
• HazMat (Hazardous Materials) certification and CTPAT (Custom Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) certification are a plus
• SAP Knowledge a plus
• Proficient Level – Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, MS Project).
• Mechanical/technical/interpersonal skills that are adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Locate your future workplace
2709 Forum Drive TX 75052-7027
Texas United States