Summary of Job Purpose:
The ETS Engineer INTERN is part of the ETS Engineering Team. He/she is working with the electronic and mechanical engineer and performs the tasks and missions described below and related to electronic and mechanical products of the different OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer):
o Sagem Defence and Securite OEM
o Messier Bugatti Dowty OEM
o Sagem Avionic OEM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Document Analysis
o Performs accurately the Document Analysis affected to him and answer in time.
o Create, dispatch and update a Consumable Master List and a database link to each P/N.
o Share this Consumable Master List with Supply Chain and the Shop.
o Provides Equivalency File when the product is not available anymore or not available in the US. Share this information with Quality and users.
o Creates cross product matrix and provides Equivalency File in order to shrink the list of consumable when it is possible.
- Interface related to OEM repair standards with Tickets and ETS Requests. The main tasks are:
o Confers with OEM Technical Support department in France if engineering issues arise regarding consumables... under supervision of the ETS Mechanical or Electronic Support Engineer.
o Processes FFT's (Fiche de Faits Techniques) and PDA (Product Deviation Authorization) under supervision of the ETS Mechanical or Electronic Support Engineer.
o Update regularly and accurately the Ticket tracking log.
- Perform First Article Inspection
o Perform in the Repair Shop floor and in accordance with the approved OEM documentation(s), the First Article Inspection and Audit.
o Solve and justify (with Equivalency Files) any deviations from the approved OEM documentation(s).
o Compile and update the Consumable Master List.
o Create MES (Maintenance Environment Summary) and MEQ (Maintenance Environment Qualification)
Perform the audits in the Shop with the repair technician and quality department.
Process all FFT or PDA allowing correcting the documentation, when needed.
Provide reporting to management and update tracking log.
o Create TSE (Test Sheet Environment)
Train the repair technician on the test procedure per OEM documentation.
Create, dispatch and update TSE per OEM documentation.
Contact the operations for review of the TSE.
Take into account modifications and improvements – finalize and dispatch TSE.
Remove old revisions and update when necessary the TSE or keep updated TSE tracking log.
o TCS (Tools-Consumables-Software) card
Create, dispatch and update TCS card.
Contact the operations for review of the TCS card.
Take into account modifications and improvements – finalize and dispatch TCS card.
Remove old revisions and update when necessary the TCS card.
- Participate to the HSE SAFRAN Projects and ECO Design.
- Design and produce tools
o Draw with SolidWorks 2D/3D
o Subcontract the machining
o Create the user's manual
Physical Requirements :
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent team working skills, prompt to initiative.
- Well organized.
- A large degree of variety and latitude is expected.
- Advanced Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Aviation experience related will be a plus.
- HSE (Health / Security / Environment) experience related will be a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in mechanic and electronic
- Knowledge of production and repair requirements, procedures, documentation
- Production and repair process in the aeronautics
- Manage and coordinate solutions within the approved repair environment
- Assess, synthesize and presents quality/ engineering issues / risks of a product. Share them with people concerned
- Knowledge and flow down of regulatory airworthiness requirements
- Ability to manage and maintain reporting of the engineering activity
- Knowledge of products
- Ability to perform / answer audits
- PDCA - Lean problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Lean methods and Continuous Improvement - Kaizen
- Computer skills including Outlook - Ms Office - GITIS or other ERP- M-Files
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze, to synthesize
- Accuracy and rigor
- Customer Oriented
Locate your future workplace
2802 Safran Drive TX 75052
Texas United States
- © Safran