Summary of Job Purpose:
To perform production or maintenance tasks on a variety of equipment in accordance with approved data and quality manual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform standard testing processes on a variety of equipment and verify the results
- Perform repairs on aviation units per FAA requirements
- Perform repairs on aviation units in accordance with Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) requirements.
- Disassembly, Cleaning, and Visual inspections of parts
- Reassembly and ensure measurements within specifications as required
- Ensure proper tracking and documentation of activities and parts control maintained
- Assist in maintaining shop compliance to various regulations
- Work to improve and develop processes to reduce cycle time
- Adherence to all quality standards and strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Work with hand tools, measuring equipment to assemble modules.
- Work with hand tools and cleaning chemicals to disassemble modules.
- Work with maintenance manuals to accept or reject individual components.
- Update the work order information using ERP on a regular basis.
- Follow prescribed procedures, making alterations if needed, but must inform supervisor promptly; recommends expenditures.
- Accountability for confidential and/or sensitive information that could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of SEDA
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipments).
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Noise level in the work environment: Quiet office environment to manufacturing environment requiring hearing protection.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three (3) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Knowledge of 5S, Lean and Kaizen methods is a plus.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Persons as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee.
Skills and Abilities:
- Digital and analog Electronic skills
- Mechanical and Electromechanical skills
- Knowledge of production and repair tools and benches - Instrumentation and Measuring skills
- Knowledge of FAA regulations and understanding of Quality requirements
- Compliance with Safety rules (PPE – Personal Prevention Equipment)
- Compliance with Cleanliness rules
- Compliance with procedures and standards – Knowledge of CMM requirements
- Lean and Continuous Improvement (Kaizen)
Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
- Accuracy and rigor, detail-oriented
- Ability to analyze, to synthesize (Ability to report effectively)
- Ability to train others
- Time management – Responsiveness
- Team work – Positive behavior
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
- © Safran