Want to work with some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships commitment innovation and integrity? Then Safran is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Safran as the place to build a rewarding career while helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It is an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Safran.
Designs, develops, and tests electrical equipment, components, or systems
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Reports to engineering manager and is responsible for carrying out medium level development assignments with moderate supervision.
• Works on collaborative project teams in conjunction with project engineers and project managers.
• Manages own time on a daily basis according to project and departmental goals, milestones and budgets.
• Technical responsibilities include system engineering, analysis, concept development, detailed design including drawing, system build, integration, verification and production support.
• Provides electrical and system engineering guidance to mechanical engineers and software engineers.
• Works closely with outside printed circuit board assembly shops and cable assembly shops in both prototype building and production level fabrication
• Contributes to the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the engineering group as a whole and the electrical engineering department in particular.
• Prepares technical sections of customer proposals and project reports.
• Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a sub-system design from the conceptual stage through fabrication and field support.
• Proficiency in design of wiring, cabling, shielding, noise management, transient suppression, electrical packaging, heat sinking, analog circuit design
• Proficiency in frequency and time domain analysis, digital signal processing
• Working knowledge of computer hardware design and interfacing; microcontrollers; embedded communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, ARINC).
• Some knowledge of programmable devices (FPGA, CPLD).
Working knowledge of various sources of electrical power: batteries, high efficiency DC/DC conversion, power budgeting, 3-phase AC.
• Working knowledge of C/C++ programming language; experience with real-time system design and debugging, embedded software development tools.
• Experience working within a formal quality control system which applies to process and manufacturing
• Testing and trouble-shooting of electronic units or sub-assemblies
• Provide Engineering support to Manufacturing and Customer Support
• Responsible for the quality / cost /schedule of the electronic development work package
Education / Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic engineering, completed by an experience of 5 to 7 years preferably in civil avionics.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of civil avionics digital interfaces (RS-232, RS-422, A429)
• Knowledge of civil avionics analog interfaces (thermocouple, synchro, shunt, etc) and discrete interfaces
• Knowledge of design of EMI/EMC protections for avionics products
• Electronic testing tools (oscilloscope, multi-meter)
• Consciousness of the impact of the electronic design on the unit cost and part supply process (e.g. obsolescence)
Locate your future workplace
2802 Safran Drive TX 75052
Texas United States
- © Safran