1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Inspects SafranHE family of engines and modules for serviceability and ensure proper configuration.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with measuring equipment, to evaluate the serviceable status of components.
• Works with Overhaul manuals and internal documentation to accept or reject individual components in a Modules / Engines.
• Use Illustrated Parts Catalog and Service Bulletins to establish configuration of Module/
• Assist the area Supervisor in conducting root cause analysis for Turbo + Actions from Line Boards and PDCA's
• Support and execute Shop Turbo+
• Assist TPM schedule on all shop equipment.
• Supports and ensures 5S practices of shop and work station.
• Ensures labor transactions are properly closed at the completion of each process.
• Supports all SafranHE and FAA rules and regulations.
• Supports SafranHE and management policies.
• Required “On Call” duty upon completion of training.
• Required Overtime when production schedule dictates.
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
• Follows prescribed procedures, making alterations if needed, but must inform supervisor promptly; recommends expenditures. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to reputation and/or competitive posture of the company. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to create an entirely new approach.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Certificate from college or technical school; or six to twelve months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience on visual and dimensional inspections on parts preferred.
• A&P or Powerplant preferred.
• Basic Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Mechanical/technical/interpersonal skills that are adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
5.0 Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.