The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific medium size short-term development projects. Project manager 2 oversees the development of a product or service or manage an investment project.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all technical, cost, quality and delivery requirements are met. This includes meeting all recurring cost (RC) objectives, manufacturing, purchasing and maintenance. The project manager has budget accountability as delegated by a Program Manager, or Division/Business unit leader.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time:
• Define and implement the development plan according to Safran's standard development process and in line with performance, quality, delivery and cost commitments as defined by the program manager or division/Business Unit leader
• Familiar with the particulars of integrating a product within a system. Able to put these products/services into perspective with regard to the explicit or implicit needs of the customer
• Define and organize a project using project management process methodology and tools. Is able to formalize the PBS/WBS/OBS, drafting and managing via a project management plan (PMP)
• Define and implement a global management strategy for scheduling margins. Able to integrate supplier constraints.
• Leads project development reviews (MER1 through MER8) and support program milestone reviews as applicable
• Implement Earn Value Management (planning, budgeting, critical path, margins, S-Curves), and control remaining workload in view of progress/variances. As well as, implement the management elements for recurring costs (RC
• Familiar with the specific features of each process contributing to project performance
• Handle risk provision and manage risk reduction and opportunity optimization plans following Safran's risk process and utilizing Safran's risk tool, RiTo
• Lead a local project team directly, and is responsible for coordination and ensuring performance-related objectives are met
• Assist in the estimate fiscal year budgeting & business case process
• Understands the principles of subcontract management
• Able to use change management tools and make them a factor for success
• Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into project planning and control
• Analyze proposed and document project/work package changes. Develop change packages, as needed for program change control board review/approval
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Other duties maybe assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or other Technical discipline
• (with Bachelor's degree) 4-6 years of related experience leading a work package
• Experience within the aviation and/or aerospace industry.
• Proficient with MS Project, competent with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Previous experience in planning or managing projects, as well as, the ability to develop, lead, motivate working teams.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Familiar with problem solving tools
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required):
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran