Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Planning Manager Aftermarket will lead a team of planning professionals and will be responsible for all aspects of planning. Key activities include ownership of various KPIs direct towards daily output, throughput, turnaround time, and customer on time delivery. They are responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing a strong Planning Organization. Planning Manager Aftermarket will be a key liaison between various departments and Planning Org, communicating continuous improvement initiatives ensuring successful implementations and ongoing support. The Planning Manager is responsible for the accuracy of all items within the business system that have an impact on company-wide financial reporting.
• Implement, execute and maintain world class strategies for planning, scheduling, inventory and customer satisfaction
• Execute working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and all the applicable tools used for materials management
• Establishes and maintains premier customer service
• Responsible for start to finish continuous improvements within the planning, scheduling and inventory functions. Will extend to internal company suppliers and customers
• Ability to organize and drive meetings that require power point presentations, to various levels of employees
• Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development.
• Drives a ‘can do' culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management
• Promotes team inclusion and engagement by effectively communicating and listening to employees
• Oversee production planning and management activities within the business unit
• Evaluate current production processes and recommend improvements
• Manage and coordinate orders in process between production leads and planning organization, focusing on timely completion & schedule adherence
• Determine production requirements based on plant capacity and production specifications
• Assist in production risk assessment and mitigation activities
• Communicate needs and objectives to the planning team and Planning Supervisor
• Identify delays stemming from various reasons, complete RCCA's, adjust approaches and schedules accordingly to meet deadlines
• Strong working knowledge of sales and operating planning (S&OP) processes
• Adhere to established communication protocol, including the promotion of regular conference calls (WebEx/Microsoft Teams) and face to face meetings to communicate and/or evaluate current performance and improvement plans
• Upholds companywide objectives including QRQC and GEMBA walks
• Some travelling may also be required from time to time
• Planning Manager ensures Planners;
• Analyze engineering documents, generate bills of materials (BOM), and incorporate ECN dispositions accordingly
• Plan all materials on dock at kit due dates and deliver requisitions on time to purchasing
• Oversee the release of manufacturing and work orders for in house fabrication, repair and assembly
• Maintain inventory levels to meet company goals
• Approving and analyzing of drawings in CCB
• Maintain engineering revision control
• Generate, launch and uphold processes, including continuous improvement initiatives, in coordination with business objectives
• Ensure accuracy of all pertinent data used in the company ERP system
Education: Bachelor's degree
• 5 years of experience in progressive planning, scheduling and inventory management experience in aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment with the ability to lead and influence others
• 2-5 years of experience leading teams
• Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
• Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong written and verbal business communications abilities, must be comfortable delivering information to all levels of the organization including senior leadership
• Working knowledge of business finance skills and abilities
• Understanding of S&OP, planning, scheduling and inventory management
• Problem solving, well organized, punctual, detailed oriented and accurate
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business management or operations
• APICS CPIM and/or ISM certifications
• Experience in AS/ISO standards quality management experience.
• Problem solving skills (Six Sigma Green Belt, etc…)
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required
Locate your future workplace
7330 Lincoln Way CA 92841
California United States
- © Safran