CSM's are responsible for overall customer relations and act as the customer advocate within Safran Cabin Services to ensure quick resolution of any technical issues. Ensure good spares management through backlog alignment and escalation of spares issues; ensure good repairs management through backlog alignment and escalation of any issues, and look for business opportunities. The Customer support manager will need to perform on-site customer visits facilities throughout North & South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific as applicable.
The CSM typically reports to the Customer Support Director or VP of Customer Support & Response.
• Responsible for achieving customer satisfaction which is measured through Internal Scorecards
• Building new and developing long lasting relationships with customers
• Operate as the focal point for any and all matters specific to their customers
• Taking ownership of customers issues and following problems through to resolution
• Responsible for keeping accurate records and document customer support actions and discussions on ZEN platform
• Perform on-site customer meetings as required ie Program Review Meetings (PRM), Technical Review Meeting (TRM), and Executive Review Meetings (ERM) etc.
• Generate Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Analyze data to identify trends and areas of improvements
• Serve as the focal for performance claims : coordinate with spares and repair teams to validate claim data, negotiate settlement with customer, track claims
• Generate post visit reports and manage actions and commitments thru to completion
• Review, monitor and distribute customer(s) backlog reports, taking actions to prevent late deliveries.
• Support SCS Finance department in the recovery of late AR. The CSM should be a point of escalation to intervene when requested, helping Finance with the right POCs, raising visibility to customers management, addressing systemic/ repetitive issues for corrective actions.
• Awareness of customers internal issues which may inadvertently effect the Safran Cabin Services business
Education: Bachelor's degree or related field/equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 6 years of Customer Support, Sales and Management experience in a commercial aerospace environment. Basic Knowledge of Sales management methodologies, proven ability to manage complex projects, and Customer Requests or Concerns.
Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Project, competent with MS Office programs
Other Skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, leadership skills, organizational skills, ability to analyze & summarize information, financial acumen.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
• Feedback information to Safran Cabin Service sales team on new sales opportunities
• Feedback information to Safran Cabin Service program team on at risk parts: PMA, Owner Operator Parts
• Manage CPO Program: Performance to CPO, ensuring customer meets program requirements
• Awareness of customer support contractual obligations either through the Airframer contracts or specific contracts with set with a specific customer
• Support Field Technical Representatives (FTR) performing cabin inspections and generating the associated reports
• Promote spare sales
• Provide level 1 & 2 technical support to the FTR's and airlines.
• Support STC working parties as required
• Support Entry Into Service (EIS) for new aircraft types
• Support Aircraft OEM meetings as and when required
Traveling required up to 25%
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran