The BU or Site Controller is responsible for the monthly financial reports and month end closing for the Business Unit (BU). Interacts with BU management to help resolve accounting and operational issues. Perform detailed analysis of the monthly financial statements. Responsible for helping the organization reach the goals of our mission statement.
The BU Controller manages the financial affairs of the facility's reporting unit (s) and prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim financial statements. The responsibilities include the supervision over internal auditing, and budgetary controls. The Controller interacts with the Operations Manager to solve accounting operational issues. This job reports to the division CFO.
• Preparation, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget of the division.
• Prepare and review financial statements.
• Partnership with local GM to improve operating performance
• Coordinates and directs the preparation of the yearly MTP / budget and monthly financial reforecasts (i.e. profit & loss, cash flows, etc.) and maintains other planning and control procedures and reports variances.
• Responsible for facilitating, accumulating, analyzing, and valuation of the year end physical inventory.
• The BU Controller has the final responsibility for providing effective financial internal controls for the organization.
• Customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment that supports and directly impacts senior executive management reports and decisions.
• General Duties:
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of the products.
o All employees are required to productively react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in accounting or similar.
Experience: 7+ years in the Accounting or related field.
• Advanced Microsoft Office (including Excel & Word) and Windows operating system.
• Must have thorough experience with ERP systems.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and good verbal and writing skills
• Must have financial statement preparation experience
• A candidate must possess excellent analytical skills, as well as, organizational and communication skills
• The candidate must have financial statement review and general ledger experience
• The candidate must possess adequate knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Windows based operating systems
• The candidate must be able to work unsupervised, with some direction
• Effective oral and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Master's degree
• 10 or more years of experience in the Accounting field
• A candidate should be able to train and coach their staff
• The candidate should be able to perform employee evaluations
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-KO1
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required (infrequent)
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.