Main Function Responsibilities
A) Pre-project and preparation for future phase
• Assist the Program in responses to customer RFIs and RFQs
• Coordinate the technological improvement actions for the purchased parts, while seeking innovative ideas from suppliers
• Develop and present reports and presentations to customers, suppliers, and key stakeholders.
B) Innovative ideas from suppliers
• Represent Purchasing in situations where a program team is being put in place to deal specifically with Research & Technology (R&T) programs and pre-project platforms
C) Development phase
• Provide proactive support in the development and implementation of the Program Plan
• Drive the implementation by the Purchasing Department of the applicable Engineering related actions with suppliers, in compliance with the Development plan
• Oversee the provision of the technical purchasing program to the purchasing sectors, as necessary for meeting the development or modification deadlines, in conjunction with Engineering and related functions.
• Provide, in consultation with the Legal department and whenever necessary, support to ensure the integration of program and customer requirements in the purchasing contracts
• Ensure that the Purchasing department exhaustively covers Program needs by representing the Purchasing department and promote the Purchasing process within the Integrated Program Team (IPT). The individual will also represent the IPT within the Purchasing department.
• Ensure compliance with the objectives, orientations and constraints of the Program, along with adherence to Purchasing policy and product strategies.
• Facilitate the optimum conditions of sourcing in terms of total cost (direct & indirect costs, quality and deadline), for all the life-cycle stages of the Program.
D) Production and operational support phase
• Coordinate and drive cost reduction actions (process optimization, resourcing, value engineering) in compliance with the budgets and implementation deadlines
E) Functional missions linked to the program concerned
• Participate as a permanent member of the Program Management Team
• Coordinate the planning of the Supplier Review and Selection Teams, assist Commodity Managers & Buyers with their preparations when required (issues, complexity, etc.)
• Integrate the Program requirements with regard to Export Control
• Maintain an Action Item List in support of the Program Purchasing Plan and drive the necessary actions in the event of changes with an impact on the program
• Provide technical support, problem solving, supplier training, project management, implementation skills, to purchasing, manufacturing, design engineering, and suppliers for assigned commodities, projects, and programs.
• Drive activities required to meet cost, quality, inventory, delivery, and cycle time objectives throughout the supply chain value stream.
F) Perform other duties as assigned.
• Operational experience of over 8 years, including experience with suppliers in a structure such as Purchasing, Supply Chain, Quality.
• Knowledge of the development and production processes
• Experience in Project Management
• Configuration Management
• Experience in transverse management
• Cross functional Management
• Analysis and formalization of customer requirements
• Understand the technical environment and customer's expectations
• Management of the supplier relationships
• Purchasing administration
• Analysis of economic performance
• Fundamentals of negotiation
• Knowledge of industrial management methods
• Computer knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite
• Analytical and synthetically minded.
• Highly organized rigorous and goal oriented
• Energy, enthusiasm and strong ability to effectively manage stress
• Strength of conviction
• Analytical and synthetically minded
• Tenacity and perseverance
• Active listener
• Time management skills
A. Education Requirements:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or other related field is required or six years of equivalent/related experience.
B. Work Experience:
• Eight (8) years of experience working in one of the above fields.
• Advanced Degree
• Project Management Professional (PMP), CSCP/CPM or other accredited professional Certifications
• Green Belt Certification
Specificity of the job
International and/or Domestic travel required; 10-15%
Locate your future workplace
2000 Weber Dr TX 76240
Texas United States