Under moderate supervision, responsible to achieve the cost budget, schedule, scope of work, product definition, and weight target related to engineering for moderate to complex projects they oversee. The Project Engineer will work closely with Design Engineering, Certification, Program Management, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to lead and coordinate projects within the definitions of the airframe manufacturer and airline specifications, regulatory requirements, SSUSA requirements.
Main Function Responsibilities:
A) Develop engineering schedules that support the organization's requirements, airframe and customer requirements.
B) Ensure the engineering budget is maintained.
C) Engages with internal resources to ensure fulfillment of the project. This will include acquiring commitments from functional leaders for the needed resource allocations.
D) Collaborate with other project engineers.
E) Monitor project performance while documenting and working with the team to solve any problems that arise, ensuring that the project remains on schedule and delivers high-quality product to the customer on-time and within budget.
F) Monitor and tracks project changes to ensure the non-recurring budgets are revised appropriately.
G) Coordinate project completion with the affected groups.
H) Provide mentorship of lesser experienced Associate Project Engineers.
I) Performs other duties as assigned.
• Proven expertise in leading multiple projects.
• Experience developing and maintaining project plans, resource models, risk logs, issue logs, status reports, and other project-related assets.
• Strong relationship management skills including negotiation, conflict management, and managing multiple objectives.
• Strong sense of accountability and ownership; understanding the project engineer role as it pertains to the project team and working with moderate supervision.
• Must have intermediate design skills
• Must have proven problem solving skills
• Knowledgeable in budget management
• Knowledgeable in Risk Management
• Have understanding of Scope Management
• Proficient with MS Office
• Preferred knowledge in earned Value Management
• Preferred knowledge in Lean Principles
• Cognizant of the current standards of the aircraft industry and warrant specifications including FAA and CAA/JAA rules applicable to the product.
• Must have the ability to generate written communication and to operate required office equipment.
• Ability to read and review written communication.
• Speech and hearing abilities that allow individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English.
• Able to multi-task and manage numerous projects
• Must possess good planning and prioritizing skills.
• Catia V5, Pro/e, AUTOCAD
• APQP, DFMEA,
• Requirement capture/Systems engineering
• Must have a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Material Science, Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Manufacturing, Industrial, Electrical, or Systems Engineering or 12 years equivalent related experience in lieu of degree.
Work Experience Requirement:
• Requires 5 years of experience in engineering related field, at least 2 of those years must be experience managing projects.
Specificity of the job
International and/or Domestic travel required; More than 1 month of total traveling per year.
Locate your future workplace
2000 Weber Dr TX 76240
Texas United States