Under minimal supervision, this position manages, analyzes and prepares an array of accounting functions primarily relating to the general ledger, budgets, and financial reports for Central Finance and consolidated Safran Seats USA. This position will serve as the finance team's expert in the field of re-occurring cost concerning primarily how it impacts the bill of materials (BOM), which at the most complex can contain hundreds of parts, sub-assemblies and final assemblies each uniquely resourced, manufactured, assembled, and delivered. Position will require a unique motivation to investigate, collaborate, and effectively communicate root cause and analysis of business operations.
In this role, the incumbent exercises substantial authority by providing expert knowledge on Bill of Materials (BOMs), offering consultative guidance to operational functions, and delivering insightful analyses at executive levels. The position also oversees command-and-control of recurring costs to enhance business operations and is empowered to report comprehensive cost analyses to Central Finance. Moreover, the incumbent directs cost accountant activities, ensuring strict compliance with the company's defined finance policies, processes, practices, and objectives related to recurring costs.
Main Function Responsibilities:
• Analyze the raw material costs for accuracy and review and update costs that are applied to the raw materials costs in the estimating process.
• Investigate differences and trends to ensure that our estimating process is both accurate and consistent.
• Assist developing a detailed analysis of the components of the cost standards by manufacturing process so that changes can be made to these standards when needed on a systematic and routine basis.
• Work collaboratively with Manufacturing team ensuring the overall accuracy and integrity of bills of material, including changes in the manufacturing processes for existing products and creation of bills of material for new products.
• Collaborate with Operations and Manufacturing teams to identify and drive process improvement and cost reductions.
• Collaborate with program and financial teams to drive group understanding and identification of root issues that, if addressed, will drive systemic change.
• Develop cost estimates for new products in conjunction with the Marketing, Purchasing, and Operations Teams.
• Assist with budgeting process related to cost of goods sold and gross margin.
• Assist department with special projects and perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by leadership.
• Preparation of monthly journal entries into general ledger for financial closing requirements.
• Assist monitoring excess and obsolete inventory and variances to standard costs.
• Assist in analysis of outsourced processing, work in progress, semi-finished goods, finished goods and goods in transit, within a number of industrial perspectives.
• Provide expertise for the BOM as it relates to the ERP system and will require supporting the migration to a new ERP as it relates to this function.
• Assist in internal and external auditors to include financial, program profitability, and change management audits.
• Provide cost calculations for purchased or manufactured products as requested for key stakeholders throughout the manufacturing plant.
A. Education & Qualification:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting required or related field
B. Work Experience:
• Additionally 2 years' experience in accounting required
• Preferably in a manufacturing environment
C. Professional Skills:
• Must have knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
• Must have knowledge of manufacturing production, supply chain and cost accounting in a standard cost environment.
• Must have experience with sophisticated ERP and large data sets
• Must have ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections.
• Must have working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and production-line efficiency analysis.
• Ability to develop and carry out long- and short-term objectives using effective time management skills.
Must possess attention to detail and a drive for analyzing meticulous details in seemingly bottomless datasets.
D. Behavioral Skills:
• Position requires high level of internal customer focus with frequent contact.
• Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills to create a sense of buy-in among team members.
• Capable of synthesizing information and recommending solutions.
E. Desirable Aspects
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Specificity of the job
International and/or Domestic travel required; Seldom.
Locate your future workplace
2000 Weber Dr TX 76240
Texas United States