Safran Aerospace Composites (SAC) is a subsidiary of Safran Aircraft Engines responsible for the manufacturing of composites parts for Safran's LEAP engine. As part of the Rochester team, you will provide critical support for all metrology activities. This includes programming, validating, and troubleshooting automated geometric measurement equipment and measurement processes including all aspects of data acquisition and reporting. This role is responsible for developing company procedures and standards related to metrology activities and serving as a focal point for metrology related discussions with other company units and senior management. Additional responsibilities will include writing and updating operator work instructions, operator training, and data analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop an understanding of programming Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs) for high volume production inspection using Quindos 7 and PC-DMIS metrology software
2. Assist with troubleshooting efforts for CMM operation, data acquisition, and data processing issues
3. Support acceptance and validation of new equipment and processes including designing, running, and analyzing gage reliability and reproducibility studies.
4. Provide technical support to other engineering and technical staff as needed
5. Develop internal procedures and standards related to dimensional metrology topics
6. Write and update operator work instructions and general procedure documents
7. Formalize conclusions in technical notes, written reports, slide presentations and other written and visual formats
8. Analyze data using Excel, Minitab, R, Cloud Compare, GOM Inspect and other applicable analysis tools
9. Provide written and verbal feedback to support non-conformity treatment
10. Manage urgent work deadlines and high profile deliverables in an efficient manner
11. Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement automated solutions
12. Ownership and responsibility for maintaining and improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness measures related to CMM equipment
13. Dependent upon business
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant technical degree
2. Strong CS Skills: Demonstrated ability to write and interpret computer code including the knowledge and application of key software design principles, data structures, and algorithms
3. Relatable experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but with the appropriate educational background, all qualified candidates will be considered
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills
5. Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
6. Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C and / or ISO9001 standards
7. Self-starter able to deal with ambiguity and work independently under general supervision
8. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
9. Ability to work in high volume manufacturing setting
10. Ability to handle conflicting priorities
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aircraft Engines designs, produces and sells, alone or in partnership, commercial and military aircraft engines offering world-class performance. Through CFM International*, Safran Aircraft Engines is the world's leading supplier of engines for single-aisle mainline commercial jets. The company is also fully responsible for the design, development and production of the M88 and M53 engines for the Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighters, respectively, and will be the systems integrator for the engine powering Europe's New-Generation Fighter.
*CFM International is a 50/50 joint company between Safran Aircraft Engines and GE.
- © Safran