A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. In the role of Wire Installation Designer I, you will maintain wire harness detail, installation, and bundle assembly. You'll have the opportunity to identify solutions for 2D and 3D wire harness installation designs and incorporate new process changes to design plans. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Developing and maintaining Wire Harness physical design and installation (e.g., 3D wire harness installation models, wire harness assembly models, and 2D formboard drawings)
• Performing assigned tasks, meeting the organization's expectations for quality, schedule, and process compliance
• Supporting analyses and design reviews
• Appling program technical requirements to design work requirements, processes, and tasks
• Supporting the development of processes, methods, and tools that support the design process
• Communicating and implementing design solutions, integrating design changes as needed
• Identifing design issues and communicating issues to experienced designers and engineers
• Providing feedback to solve problems using ingenuity and innovation
Highlights from our facility:
Our Everett, WA facility is comprised of two business units: Safran Engineering Services and 787 Program. We work closely with the customer to provide engineering solutions and exceptional program support. Our Team Members enjoy our spirit of continuous improvement and participate in teambuilding events and activities.
Ongoing initiatives, like [email protected] and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all of our teams in the solutions. At Safran, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, hybrid remote work, flexible work scheduling and paid leave. We offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sites while our teams work to continuously develop their skills.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Associate's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent (preferred)
• Typically has up to 3 years of experience in an engineering classification
• Experience or exposure to CAD design in work or school environment
• Knowledge of technical principles, theories, technologies, and concepts
• Experience with 2D and 3D CAD design (e.g. CATIA, AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer)
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
• Team oriented
• Process focused
• Open & honest communication
• Quality minded
• Ability to persevere and honor commitments
• Recognizes success
• Executes with urgency
• Creates solutions
• Customer focused in everything we do
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: (940) 272-5627. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
Travel between facilities/buildings.
- © Safran